Chapter 6, My Mystery Chaperone

Chapter 6

There was a strange banging, the noise bringing me out of my coma like state. 

My muscles were numb as I struggled to even give a swish of my tail to tell myself to wake up.

There was a metallic taste in my mouth, almost like I had been chewing on the sharp end of a bullet.  I could feel the trail of the shivers running down my spine as I tried to focus to wake myself up.

All I could manage was a small whine as I tried to open my heavy eyelids, the now musky smell greeting me once more as the smell of wolves also filled my nostrils.

Opening my eyes, my vision was slowly beginning to focus.  My head rested on the cool cement as I could just make out a figure standing not that far away, almost like he was watching me.

The quiet murmurs reminded me of walking through the compound as everyone’s conversations would cease, afraid that I would hear them.

‘What are we supposed to do with her, she’s a hunter’!

‘Don’t tell me what to do Isaac, or I will lock you in there with our guest.  We will just wait it out and see what she does; we can still kill her if it comes to that……….’

‘If you say so……….. Do you think they’ll find her here’?

The men’s faint voices seemed like they were getting closer as my yes adjusted and I realised they were standing behind the bars in front of me.

‘Maybe.  I have a plan to get her out of the state though’.

I could hear someone leaving, the second voice sounding like the one that had spoken to me in the forest, his faint scent only now reaching my nose.

Hearing something slam not too far away, I groaned once more, the sound alerting me to the man that I assumed was Isaac, his fear also very clear.

‘Oh…… you’re finally awake………….. Hi’.

 Attempting to lift my head from the hard cement, I was quick to put it back down feeling too weak to move.

Apparently Isaac thought he was being helpful as I watched him drag a small tub of what smelled like water under the bars.

‘Please do enlighten me; how did the hunters manage to brainwash you, was it poison or one of their cryptic drugs’?

Focusing my eyes on Isaac as I simply slumped on the ground, the pain in my side beginning to return, reminding me that I had been shot not that long ago.

‘Well I’ll take that as poison then; you don’t look so good’.

Wanting to cough in this guy’s face, it didn’t even take a dumbass to work out that I clearly couldn’t talk back to him.

If this ‘Isaac’ was so hell bent on trying to extract information from me, he was definitely going the wrong way about it.

Feeling what I thought was nausea come on, I whimpered without my control, my head going dizzy as I tried to hold back the vile until I realised I was in darkness once more.

The echoing sounds didn’t help me slip into my coma as peacefully as I would have liked, the feeling of cold skin soon rubbing against my fur.

‘She’ll live; my son is on the way to pick her up.  I’ll be back when he arrives to collect her’.

My head was thumping with a certain urgency, the sound around me returning as I registered a dull clunking type noise nearby.