Chapter 12, The Human Form

Chapter 12

Staring at my reflection for the second time today, Mitch had tried to teach me how to shift before Mario had burst through the door threatening to kill me, so now I had taken refuge in the bathroom, leaving the door slightly ajar.

Pushing my head against the glass, I had tried this morning after Mitch had instructed but I still could not do it.

Mitch had told me to imagine myself as human physically and my body would do the rest but I was struggling to remember anything about my appearance before being a wolf.

Thinking hard as I fast forwarded through many memories of birthdays and Christmas’, until something finally struck me as in my mind my eyes moved over the small mirror I had being examining my sick figure in before I shifted.

Focusing on my human self, it was like my wolf just gave up, I felt like my body was crumpling as I stepped back falling onto the tiled floor for a second time, the impact making its usual thump.

Lying on my back, like I couldn’t move, my eyes squeezing shut to stop the pain as my mind seemed to clear of any thoughts; the memories all been stirred around until I had a clear head.

Afraid to open my eyes, I could feel I was colder than usual; trying to reach up to feel my arm against my fur, I felt a warm and smooth surface that I assumed must have been skin.

Eyes snapping open, I tried to pull myself up, finding I had to concentrate on different muscles as I leant against the now shut door, my eyes roaming over my huge but fragile human form.

I couldn’t find the words to speak; it had happened so sudden like it was only yesterday (which it was) that I had started trying to shift.

Feeling the cold air bouncing off my skin, I wrapped my arms around my torso surprised how useless the skin was at keeping the warmth inside my body as I got to my feet, having to grip the basin for support.

Touching my face as I stared into my own eyes again; the brown ring that had been there was gone, just like the wolf had disappeared until I felt her willing me to focus as a knock sounded at the door.

‘What do you do in there each night Sonya; I’m getting sick of having to check on you’!

Still unable to find my voice, my eyes were focused on my appearance like it was all new to me once more.

My blonde hair sat just below my shoulders as my semi tanned skin seemed to glisten off the bathroom light.

Realising Mario would soon open the door and burst in; I quickly jumped in the shower/bath feeling some modesty that I was standing in the bathroom of two male wolves’ house with nothing on.

Pulling the shower curtain around me, I needed to speak but was still struggling until the door burst open and Mario’s eyes immediately darted to me trying to cover myself up.

It seemed that was all it took…………………

Letting a loud and ear piercing scream, Mario swore and quickly bolted out of the bathroom like he had just committed the worst sin; my hands trying to cover everything but failing miserably.

Hearing my own voice it sounded like that of the one in my head; my screaming ceasing the moment I realised I needed to take a breath, slipping in the tub as I came crashing down, now knowing how humans could be injured so easily.

Like lightning Mitch was in the doorway, his eyes darting to me just as quick as Mario’s had until a shocked expression took his features.

‘Holy shit!  I didn’t think it’d work so fast’.