Chapter 10: Hestia Familia

"Goddess Hestia?" I said as I turn towards her.

"Yes?"

"Given the circumstances of the situation, I suppose it is feasible that I provide assistance to yo-"

Hestia's eyes light up in an instant. She grabs my leg and hugs it tightly.

"Thank you! You're so selfless! Thank you kind adventurer!" She screams at the top of her lungs. Bell stares at her as she has gone insane. And to an extent, I'm starting to believe him too. Bell sighs.

"No offence, kami-sama. But I think you might be overreacting." Bell says to Hestia as she releases my leg from her grasp.

"What do you mean I'm overreacting? This is great news! Finally I have a second member under my familia!" Hestia yells as she proceeds to hug Bell.

Wait a minute, who said anything about joining them?! Wait another minute, A SECOND member?! I expected Hestia to have at least a dozen followers. I mean, she has Bell. One of the nicest people in Orario I've met in the few days I've been here. Why is their familia is so small? Does that mean Bell and Hestia are the only members under the Hestia Familia?

"But, don't you think that someone of his... caliber would already have been recruited to another familia?"

Hestia's head jerks in my direction in an instant, her facial expression as if she is about to cry.

"You... You're not in any other familias, right?" She mumbles as tears well up in her eyes.

"Well, I wasn't invited to join any familia. I just arrived here a few days ago so- "

"Great! That means you can now join my familia!" Hestia says as her expression returns to being cheerful. The tears in her eyes have appeared to vanished mysteriously. Man, now that I get a close look at them, Gods are weird. Much preferred them remaining in heaven.

"So... What do I do to officially enter a familia?" I asked as I wonder if I will regret entering a famila with this (slightly) crazy goddess.

"You only have to do one thing. Recieve my Blessing." Hestia rolls up her sleeves. "Now, let me see your back."

"Why would I do that?" I grumble as I protectively grab my clothing. Why does she want me to remove my shirt? "Can't I just show you my adventurer's permit or something? Or register at the Guild?"

"Well, you would need to do that eventually, but the Blessing ritual is a must to indoctrinate new members into a familia. You're new here so I don't expect you to understand." Hestia explains. "Now, be a good adventurer and roll up your shirt."

Disgruntled, I quietly pull my shirt up to my chest as Goddess Hestia sits facing my back. This feel unusual, with a slightly sexual feel to it if you ask me. This better not end up like Hollywood. First they get you to take off your clothes, then they spike your drink and before you know it you got Bill Cosby all over you.

(Even in fanfiction you can't escape the monster that is Bill Cosby)

"Will this take long?" I ask.

"It's all part of the procedure. Don't worry about it." Hestia implores as she removes one of her gloves. "Bell, can you hand me a needle please?"

"Sure, kami-sama."

I sigh. I still keep my hood down, though. I just feel much safer that way, some familiarity in this strange, new place.

"Alright. Let's do this." Hestia exclaims as she pierces her index finger with the needle. She lets a drop of blood fall onto my back.

...