Results are Here!

Well, I really have to thank you all for the feedback. I got really positive comments about my book, which makes me feel pumped to begin my second book. Anyway, enough with the chit chat, I know why you all are here.

I must say you lot are an interesting bunch. I had quite a lot of votes for a large variety of the options, both in the public comments and in DMs (A hell lot of DMS I must say). A really close competition between the three choices, and some interesting suggestions too (such as Konosuba, Bleach, Naruto, Red Dead Redemption for some reason) that I will look into at a future date. But, there can only one winner, and with the votes tallied up, the winner is...

Drumroll please...

RWBY!

***

Ruby Rose: Yay, our turn's next!

Yang: Aw, Ruby's all happy!

Blake: Don't get too excited guys, it will take some time for the author to get ready.

Weiss: Well, if he's going to take his time he better make a good story!

CW: Don't worry. I'm sure my creator will surpass your expectations. It's what he likes to do.

Weiss: *pouts* He better make me look good...

***

The readers have spoken. And I shall obey their wishes. Thank you to all those that have voted. As for those whom their options didn't get chosen, no worries! There's always next time! It will be a few weeks before I'll publish the first chapter, so stay tuned!

Also, here's a special... gift, for those still reading. Cheers, you all.

Epilogue:

The young girl muttered a silent prayer as she tucked herself deeper into her coat. The warm morning sun rising above ground, beckoning a new day, a new start. She embraces the sun's soothing rays that bring a pleasant warmth, sighing deeply as she readied herself for the journey.

Taking a deep breath, she checked her belongings and equipment once more, both on her and her steed. A sleeping bag, clothes, food rations, weapons and the sorts. It would be hazardous to one's wellbeing to venture out beyond those great walls that protected these holy grounds from intruders, well, at least until one reaches the nearest settlement, which is still a great distance away.

"Miss Aurea." A stoic voice calls out.

The girl turned her head, only to be greeted by an old man, his kind eyes wrinkled with age and wisdom. His hands frail and brittle, yet firm with faith .

"Elder Peter." The young girl bowed in respect.

"I see that you are ready for the journey. That is good. Expect the best, but prepare for the worst, as one would say."

The Elder held out his palm,which contained a small scroll, wrapped delicately with a small velvet bow and a stamp with the emblem of a raven on it. The girl received it gratefully and placed it in her satchel.

"When you arrive at your destination, read the scroll. It should contain the necessary information you need."

"Yes Elder Peter."

"Then, I hope you will locate him, and try to hold out, at least until the next one comes."

"Elder Peter, I must ask. Are you sure he needs help?" The girl's voice tinged with uncertainty. "He is a skilled Watcher. I doubt he will have trouble dealing with a reconnaissance mission."

"The messenger raven has returned, and it does not bear a message." The Elder's voice said with resolution. "Even if everything is going well without a hitch, many hands make light work. And it is time for you to get involved."

The girl nodded in agreement. That was her signal, to venture out. Placing her foot firmly on the stirrups, she heaved her light body onto the horse in one swift movement, who obediently stood still and only replied with a soft neigh as she planted herself on the saddle.

"Wait. One more thing."

The girl hesitated on the reins, her fingers filled with eagerness, to ride out. To explore. But she stopped herself and turned her attention to Elder Peter, who produced a small dagger from the shadows of his cloak.

"Take this."

The girl grasped the dagger, complete with a sheath, from his frail palms and inspected it. A common issued Watcher Dagger, well made, silent and quick. But on the handle was the name etched 'Genevieve'.

"Is... Is this..."

"He had one too, from his deceased mentor, may the Gods blessings his soul." The Elder replied. "It is tradition, and now you shall receive hers, before you venture out, so that she may safeguard you as well."

The girl felt a surge of emotion come from within her bosom. The training, the hardships, the skills she learned, their time spent together. It all surfaced from deep within a corner of her mind. She felt her eyes become wet.

But she blinked hard and wiped them off.

She tightened her grip around the blade, feeling its weight, its sharp edge, before tucking it onto her belt along its sheath, ready for combat. She pushed those emotions back deep within her, and steeled herself. No more hiding, no more waiting. It was her time. Her time to make her mentor proud. To make them all proud.

"I see that you are ready." The Elder nodded. "Then I wish you the best of luck and may the Gods guide your light."

She bowed her head once more towards the Elder, who stepped back, before she turned to face the gate. Beyond the gates, she could see, rolling hills of lush green forest, and crystal rivers that meandered along the quiet valleys below from where their sanctuary stood. It was here, many months ago, here at this very spot where he stood, before he departed, never to be seen again.

But now, she will finally be reunited with him, her friend.

"May the Gods light my way." She whispered to herself.

"Orario, here I come."

(IS IT WRONG FOR AN ASSASSIN TO BE IN THE DUNGEON, VOLUME ONE: END)

This book is now completed. Thank you all for reading, commenting and voting on this story. See you soon!

Published On:
9 March 2019