Chapter 44: One for All

A/N:
I really must apologize to you all. I am terribly sorry that this chapter has been be delayed by a week. I was busy trying to recover myself from a bout of flu that struck me out of the blue. For the past few days it has been school, bed, school, bed, go to school and back to bed. It has been a grueling week for me that I had to rest and stay put for a while.

If you're worried, then you'll be glad to know I'm feeling better, just a runny nose and coughing. But now that the worst is over, I can continue to finish this story before the exams (March 1 to be exact) arrive.

Once again, I apologize  for delaying the chapter. And I wish you all happy readings.

***

"St-stay away!"

The monsters close in. They hunger for mortal blood, for mortal flesh. And I am their undefended prey.

I frantically check my pockets my coat, every nook and cranny of my body as their bloodied jaws close in. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Only my weapons.

My last hope...

"Come on... " I thought to myself. "Please work..."

I close my eyes reluctantly, bringing what concentration that my trembling mind could gather. I have to get out. I have to get out. I have to go, escape. Run. Flee from danger.

But then a surge of thoughts rush to my brain, images of monsters, gruesome deaths, my last breath, it made me tremble. Try as I might to push these unwanted thoughts away, but they swarm my brain. Displaying the reality of my situation.

I'm scared. I will die.

Black... Blackwi-

SNARL!

"No!"

I open my eyes to be greeted by the mouth of a Kobold just mere inches away from my face. I quickly block its jaws from biting my face by jamming my sword into its mouth. The Kobold wriggles violently, clawing at my sword as well as any part of my body close enough for its jagged claws to reach.

I pull back my sword, letting the Kobold fall towards me before stabbing my sword up the Kobold's throat. It let's out a pitiful whine, yet it continues to struggle against the blade of my sword.

Before I could pull out and deal a fatal blow, out of the corner of my eye, I see a Hellhound rushing up to me. I push the Kobold out of my sword, and sidestep dodge the Hellhound's jaws. With my good hand, I strike the Hellhound down with a hard fist and stabbed it once more for good measure. But when one falls, more rise to take its place.

And from the waves of monsters, out runs another Kobold, its teeth baring it bites down on my hand, locking tight as it successfully captures it's prey..

"GODS NO!" I helped as I drop my sword in pain. The Kobold's jaws dig deeper into my hand, and begins to forcefully drag me towards the monsters.

"Get off! Get off me!" I yell hysterically as I punch, claw and scratch at the Kobold's face with all my might. But the Kobold only tightens its vice-like jaws around my hand and continues to drag me towards me doom.

I look as the monsters begin to surge towards me, seeing that I am now unarmed and undefended. My pleas for help turn to screams as the monsters bare their fangs and prepare to pounce pounce onto me, ending my life.

It's... It's over...

And then...

Pik! Pak! Klik!

A couple of small vials drop down around on the hard ground around me. Small glass vials containing a mysterious dark brown liquid that swirled and mixed with a light blue solution that formed a mysterious concoction.