Chapter 45: Hot Springs Hell

A/N: But wait! There's more! Forgotten about the Danmachi OVA?

***

"Ah... That battle was a close one, don't you all agree?" Hermes mischievously smirks under the shadow of his feathered hat. "Honestly I wanted to stay at the 18th floor a little while longer, but I guess it's better for me and Hestia to head back now."

We wearily walk along the dim Dungeon corridors as we made our way back to the surface. To recap, we fought the Black Goliath in the 18th floor and successfully defeated it, saving numerous lives that were trapped along with it when the floor entrance collapsed. Now that the entrance has been cleared, we are making our way back to the surface, back to safety. Currently our group compromises of the Hestia Familia,  the Takemikazuchi Familia, Ryuu, Hermes and Asfi. Each and every one of us are eager to make it back.

Gods, I sure do miss the feeling of sunlight.

"Well. It was a learning experience for all of us, I suppose." Asfi notes. "We should be glad we made it out alive."

"Yeah. And even better, I got to see Marcus use his magic for the first time!" Hestia squeals excitedly. "He can vanish and reappear at his own will, how cool is that?"

"That means all of us in the Hestia Familia can use magic." Welf nudges me with a grin. "Guess that means you're no longer the odd one out!"

"Well, I still hadn't have complete control over my power." I reply. "So I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for the time being."

In my hand is a piece of parchment with my statuses printed on it. I asked Hestia to check onp my status just before we left, much to her surprise. I never asked her to do so. But she excitedly did it anyway. She wanted to see how much I improved after that whole thing with the Black Goliath and the monsters and all that.

***

Marcus Braeker- Level 2
Hestia Familia

STATUS:
•Strength: H 192
•Endurance: H 108
•Dexterity: G 271 
•Agility: F 393
•Magic: I 84
•Abnormal Resistance: I

MAGIC:
•Blackwind (Non Chant Magic)
Allows the user to teleport within a short radius from the user's original location when not bound or immobilised. May or may not have unwanted side effects when used.

SKILLS:
•Huntsman's Prayer
When using ranged weapons, user's range and accuracy increases slightly.

•Lightfoot
User's agility increases. Can jump higher and leap further.
Footsteps make no sound when moving without injury.

•Wolf Pack
Strength in numbers. User's strength and endurance increases when fighting together with allies.

DEVELOPMENT ABILITIES:
•Abnormal Resistance
Negates the effect of abnormalities such as poison. It is easily obtainable early on by being exposed to the Purple Moth's poison.

***

I sigh and fold the parchment twice before putting it into my coat pocket. I improved modestly for one battle, Hestia told me. But personally I feel like I still need to improve even further if I want to be, at least, as equals with adventurer behemoths like the Loki Familia, or even Ottar. Even if I do have special training as a Watcher, it is better to be safe than sorry.

"Well, whatever you guys think about that battle I thought it was magnificent!" Hermes gleefully smiles. "Can't wait to tell everyone at the Hostess of Fertility!"

"Oh yeah, the Hostess of Fertility." Bell mutters. "I kinda miss their food."

"Nonsense!" Hestia retorts as he grabs Bell's hand and pulls him close to her... well, chest. "You only miss that waitress girl that works there!"