Chapter Thirteen

<< Emily >>

Before I blacked out, I heard crashes and yelling. The yelling was from mom and Amber.

I wake up again to find myself in a room and I looked down to see myself tied up and I looked around and I was between amber and mom.

They were already awake."Honey are you okay?"mom asked.

"I'm okay,"I replied.

"Finally the last one woke up,"a familiar voice said.

"I thought I was your favorite old man,"the voice said and I knew exactly who it was.

"Dad?"I asked and he chuckled.

"In the flesh,"he replied walking into the light.

"Why are you doing this?"I asked.

"Ask your mother,"he replied.

"Mom?"I asked and she sighed.

"It's about what happened 17 years ago when amber was born,"she started.

<< 17 years ago, Friday, November 30, 2001 >>

"Give me the money!"he yelled and to be honest, this has been the scariest day of my life.

"Why do you want it?! Just tell me why! I am your wife!"I yelled and he walked towards me and I felt his hand collide with my cheek.

"If you don't give me the money, amber dies,"he said and I sighed. I unlocked the safe I hid the money in and gave it to him.

"Here, please don't hurt her,"I said picking up a crying amber in my hands.

"Now your going to stay with me forever and if you leave, you have no idea what is going to happen to you,"he said walking to his room.

"shh, shh it's okay mommy's here I'll protect you no matter what,"I promised and she stopped crying and fell asleep.

<< 2 years later, Tuesday, October 14, 2003 >>

Amber was two and we had Emily, and I was even happier because I wanted two kids.

"Mommy! Can I play with the other kids!"she asked excitedly.

"Sure, sweetheart,"I replied and I watched her play.

But then I saw him watching us and I felt very uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable.

"Don't worry sweetheart I'll make sure your happy just like your big sister even it means I die or something,"i told Emily in her sleep.