Chapter Fifteen

<< Emily >>

Things have been great. Dad still hasn't found us but we are all still safe. It reminds me of all the times we spent together when he wasn't agressive.

<< 10 years ago >>

"Daddy! Look what I made for you!"I said.

"Thank you sweetheart,"he said and hugged me.

I five and I loved him so much. We were like best friends. Until he changed.

It was the first time I'd have ever seen him aggressive to mom.

"Give me the money! I need it!"he yelled.

I was watching everything in a corner with amber.

"I can't! I need it too!"she yelled back.

Then I made a mistake. When dad slapped mom, I walked over there and I stepped on his foot.

"Ahh! Emily!"he yelled walking towards me.

"No! No! I'm sorry!"I screamed and he kicked me in my stomach and punched me.

"No! Emily!"mom yelled and pulled him off of me.

I had a bloody nose and my stomach was bruised. I was crying so hard in pain.

<< Now >>

I lifted my shirt up and I touched my stomach remembering everything he did and the big bruise I used to have.

I walked out of the room and I saw amber and mom talking.

"Hey guys,"I said.

"Emily sit down,"mom said and I sat between her and Amber.

"What is it mom?"I asked and then she broke down crying.

"Mom? Mom what's wrong?"I asked.

"Well.. I just.. w-want you.. guys t-to know that.. I love you girls.. and I wouldn't want anything h-happening to you,"she said while still crying.

"Mom it's okay,"I said.

"Yeah mom we've appreciated everything you've done,"amber said and we hugged her.

"Thank you for making me feel better,"she said and we smiled knowing she was happy again.

"Well what do you guys want to do today?"she asked.

"We what to do whatever you want to do,"I replied and she smiled.

"Video games?"she asked.

"Yes!"we all said and laughed.

After we played hours and hours of video games, we all refreshed ourselves for bed and went to sleep.