Chapter 1

Forest had his arm resting by the window, supporting his head as the trees wisped past just beyond the car window. Blurs of green and white glided past his vision. The old car smelled musty but he knew it was better than walking all the way to the city, which was what they usually did, but for this mission they hijacked a car. Forest was dressed in a black suit which was slightly uncomfortable to him as he never wore one before, or maybe it was the knowledge that this was in fact was stolen too. He felt oddly calm for his first mission and he guessed it was because it felt too surreal. He adjusted his head and glanced up at the driver. It was Damon looking as serious as ever. Forest's thoughts started to wander and  he began to wonder if he was the reason Damon was so serious all the time. He'd like to think of himself as sort of a handful and Damon was the one who had to watch over him.  Damon was sort of a father figure to him, especially since he never knew what happened to his biological one.

        Damon glanced over his shoulder and  noticed that he was staring, his face softened just a tad. Then he began to wonder how he and this man were both apart of the Silver Blades. Everyone thought they were criminals and Forest often found himself at war with himself about that topic. He knew this mission was a crucial part of a larger plan that Master was formulating.  Yeah they stole stuff and killed people, but Master had always said it was for the best and everyone would thank them soon enough.  Forest quickly turned around and pushed his thoughts down. He then began to think about what he had to do when he got to the city. Today wasn't only important for him, it was the city of Ferrum's annual last snow festival and the day the new head of the Guardians would be instated. The Guardian head was responsible for the Guardians who protect the city, they manage them and sometimes gives them or their higher ups specific tasks.

         It was his job to act as backup if they needed, and to distract the new head's sister so she wouldn't try anything. He didn't know why they thought the younger sister was a threat. He heard she was quite resourceful and observant and an exceptional  fighter, but these were only the things he heard.

            "You'll be great, I know it." Forest was brought back from his thoughts. It took a moment for him to realize it was Damon speaking to him.

        "Oh, I dunno...." Forest trailed off.

        "Come on, you spent all that time training with Kieran."

        "Exactly." Forest and Kieran had a natural hateful relationship, it was mostly because they were both so competitive with each other. Ever since they were little Kieran was rubbing things in his face.

        "Kieran's..... Trustworthy." Forest abruptly sat up.

        "He may be apart of the Silver Blades, like us, but I will never trust him." Forest scowled at the front window. Damon sighed.

        Forest had to flirt with the younger sister and since he had no idea how to do that, Kieran taught him. It was extremely awkward and Forest had the thought that Kieran was messing with him to make a fool of himself. He was only being sent for backup in case they needed to fight so he didn't know why he had to flirt. He guessed this was one of Kieran's jokes, or the fact that the Silver Blades wanted to mess with her, they're like that sometimes. He couldn't help but feel guilty at that last thought.

            Forest stared at the front window, he sat up as the view began to morph into a city. Through the never ending sight of trees, tall glass buildings jutted up above. Forest hadn't been outside before today and the view to him was breathtaking, even as snow began to drift from the clouds which just made the sight even more breathtaking. As he began to gape at the sight, Damon looked over at him and smiled.