Chapter 10

The sun was setting fast, but Forest had no time to stop and appreciate it. Mr. Marcus ushered him and his roommates down the hall to the glass training rooms. It was just a moment ago that he had seen the message on his watch.

    The training room floor was empty and yet there was Melody, Wyatt, Jack, Forest and Mr. Marcus, standing in training room 19.

    Mr. Marcus rubbed his hands together. "Alright, first mission guys!" He gave a smug smile to the room that gave blank stares as a response. "Okay, so there is a disturbance report in the west residential area. I'm sending the address from where the report came from."

Wyatt stepped forward. "Wait, our first mission is a disturbance report?!" He seemed mildly disappointed at this fact.

    Mr. Marcus shrugged. "Take it or leave it," Wyatt pouted, but didn't argue any further. "No more questions? Ok, good. Get going." He shooed them out of the room.

    Once they all stepped over the threshold of the training room, they all immediately looked down at their watches. "10 West road," Melody read aloud, then she looked up and scanned everyone's faces. "Alright let's go."

    Wyatt raised his hand. "I don't know where I'm going."

    Forest stood straighter and raised his hand halfway. "I second that."

    Melody waved their concerns away. "It's fine, I know the way."

    They all began to walk towards the elevators. Forest gave a sideways look at Wyatt. "How do you not know where that is? I have a reason, but didn't you grow up here?"

    Wyatt shrugged. "I have a protective brother, remember? I usually stayed behind 'for my own safety.'" He made air quotations with his fingers, then he rolled his eyes. Forest nodded like he understood, even though he didn't.

    West road was an old and run down street

    West road was an old and run down street. The houses were close to the towering buildings and as a result, were cast in a shadow. It had its fair share of dirty, creepy back alleys.

    The house where the complaint came from had an old porch that seemed to be falling apart. The pink and white paint was peeling. The front yard was unkempt, and papers littered the small area.     While Forest was taking in his surroundings, he hadn't realized that Melody and Jack had walked up the old steps and knocked on the door. Forest was almost glad they went up, as he seemed to be rooted to the ground.

    The door opened and disgustingly yellow light spilled out. An old lady, in what seemed to be her nightgown, stood at the door. He couldn't hear any of the conversation, but he did see that breathtaking smile of Melody's that he loved and he smiled to himself.

    Wyatt looked over at him, confused. He then punched him in the arm. Forest recoiled, holding his arm. "What was that for?!"

    Wyatt didn't answer, but gave Forest a playful smirk.