Chapter 18

Training room 19 was filled with fighters, all patiently awaiting instructions from Mr. Marcus. He looked over the group, a proud smile on his face. Forest wasn't really paying attention as he thought about the festival last night. He couldn't help but feel like the mission was a mistake. That Melody was mistaken for deciding to go ahead with the mission even though countless people had warned them about how dangerous it was. He knew she wouldn't listen to his warnings, but he was surprised that she hadn't listened to the others.  He was pulled back from his thoughts as his ears registered the conversation.

Wyatt furrowed his brow in confusion. "Why are you looking at us like that?"

    Mr. Marcus inhaled, it seemed like it was mostly for dramatic effect more than anything else. "Your next mission is big, well for Guardians in training, you think you can handle it?"

    A wide smile spread across Wyatt's face. "Yes! This is what I've been waiting for!" He punched his fists in the air and did a little dance. Mr. Marcus cocked his eyebrow, Wyatt recoiled under his glare. "Sorry..."

    His face softened. Then he turned and looked back at all of them and continued. "There is a rumor of a bank robbery that might take place."

    Jack's expression remained neutral as he spoke, but confusion was laced in his words. "Why are you sending us? Shouldn't this be a Guardian thing?"

    He nodded. "Yes, but it's a speculation, nothing has been confirmed. I think you guys can handle it, besides if it turns out to be too much, you can always call for backup." He eyed their communication watches.

    Melody nodded in determination. "We'll do our best."

    Mr. Marcus smiled as they walked out. "I know you will," He encouragingly called after them.

    "When he said bank robbery, this is not what I had imagined

    "When he said bank robbery, this is not what I had imagined..." Wyatt complained as they sat in a car that was parked across the street from the bank.

    "Wyatt, he said rumored bank robbery," Jack said, arm resting on the steering wheel as he intently stared out the window.

    "But still," Wyatt whined.

    The bank was right beside two towering buildings. It looked modern as tinted glass made up the building. The street surrounding it was moderately busy as people walked up and down the concrete sidewalks.  

  Melody and Jack looked out their windows in concentration. Wyatt on the other hand slumped in the passenger's seat, in boredom. Forest sat next to Melody in the backseat, not necessarily bored, but not too focused either. The tan seats weren't necessarily the comfiest. Plus he was observing Melody, his vision occasionally switching to the street beyond the window. They sat in silence for while, except for Wyatt's occasional whines.

    The sun was setting, they had definitely spent a few good hours there. Forest pulled out a bag of chips from his backpack that was by his feet. The bag made a lot of noise as he struggled to open it. Then he began munching on them, the sound filling the silent  car.  Melody snagged a few chips, but he didn't mind.

    Jack suddenly sprang out of the car, startling Wyatt. Forest on the other hand just watched Jack, a chip halfway to his mouth. Melody wasn't far from him. Ditching his chips, Forest looked out the window in an effort to see what they had, all he seen was a large group led by...

    Forest jumped out of the car, Wyatt followed him. He couldn't be too sure, but he could have sworn he seen them, a member of the Silver Blades.

    Jack and Melody hugged the car, as vehicles sped by them. Forest rounded the car and stood next to them. Melody spoke into her watch, but she was too quiet and he couldn't hear what she said over the noise of the traffic. The group jogged across the street and into the bank. There were a few machines in the left corner and large desks straight ahead, two doors lined either side of the desks.  Forest scanned the lines of people for the suspicious person he had seen.

    Before his eyes could lock onto his target, there was a scream. He eyes followed where the sound had come from. There was a lady, she sat on the ground screaming, her hands viciously scratching her scalp. She looked crazy.

    Jack narrowed his eyes and searched the crowd, then he approached someone in a black cloak. The person had their arm outstretched, they were trying to hide it beneath the cloak. Jack abruptly grabbed their hand, his free hand hovered over his weapon. The person looked at him, but he couldn't see their face. Then the member used their free hand and took a hold of Jack's arm. All too quickly Jack was flipped, and he landed on the ground with a grunt. The person's hood fell down to reveal a girl. Her black hair was long and frizzy from the friction of the hood. Her monolid eyes widened as she noticed her hood had fell, she quickly scrambled to pull it back up. Forest didn't recognize the girl from his time in the Silver Blades. This meant that they were recruiting, expanding, which wasn't  a good thing.    

Melody and Wyatt quickly fell into a fighting stance. Jack slowly stood, holding his back in pain as he did. Forest slowly pulled out his dagger and he too fell into a fighting stance, but his movements were slow as he squinted at the girl's arm. There was something there.

    Her arm twitched and he seen it, there on her inner wrist was a small ghost. "The mark," He whispered to himself. Melody looked over at him in confusion. He then scooted closer to her and whispered, "She has an animax."

    Melody's eyes widened. Then numerous black cloaked people emerged from the crowd. All at once they had brought out their weapons, each the same, a silver weapon. They all stepped towards them, out of the crowd. Jack silently ushered the workers and bystanders off to the side doors. Suddenly they all advanced towards them. He heard a whisper moments before the room began to spin. He felt nauseous, he tried to move, but he stumbled. He heard yelling and grunts from the fighting that he only seen as forms of blobs.

    Suddenly the room had stopped spinning, the blobs formed into people. Melody was fighting a black cloaked person that was across from him, he guessed it was the one that had used their animax on him.  He didn't remember when his dagger had slipped out of his hands, but he found it  an arms length away from him. He lunged for it and abruptly stood. His head didn't agree with his quick movements, as a spike of pain shot through his head. It took a moment of stillness for the pain to go away, but once it did he didn't hesitate to jump right into the fight.

    He lunged at the closest figure, who lowered their arm and recoiled from surprise. He was about to thrust the sword into the figure, when his eyes deceived him. The figure had morphed into Melody.   His fist unclenched and his dagger clattered to the floor. Then a wicked smile spread across Melody's face, and she morphed back into a black cloaked figure. Forest scrambled for his dagger, but it was no longer on the floor beside him. The figure pushed him off of them and he landed on the floor on his back with a grunt. Two cloaked figures stood over Forest now, a shorter one and a taller one.

    The taller one smirked and held up his dagger, he then took off the hood of the cloak. The familiar face of Damon leered down at him.

    Forest swore under his breath and stared at him in shock and fear as he spoke, "I'll be taking this now."