Chapter 8

Forest was mentally panicking. He didn't know how strong and how much of an experienced  fighter Jack was. There definitely was some tension between the trio during the hours leading to the fight.

    He stood in the archway that lead to the massive room of glass training rooms. He had his back against the wall as he tried to stabilize his nerves. He took in one last breath, then strolled down the hall to training room 19.

    Jack stood in the room, deep in conversation with Mr. Marcus. They both abruptly stopped talking and looked at him. He suddenly felt nauseous, but he rightened himself and willed himself to enter the room. He tried his best to put up a confident front.

    As Forest came to a stop inside the room, he could've sworn that Jack and Mr. Marcus exchanged a nod. Although he wasn't too sure, as Jack quickly lunged and he looked like a blurry blob.

    As he regained his vision, he saw Jack standing right in front of him holding his sabre up to his neck. It felt like it was drawing a drop of blood, as he felt something run down his neck.

    Forest eyed him, then swiftly grabbed the sabre and maneuvered his way out of the stance. Now with some distance between them Forest swung to punch Jack in the face, but he caught Forest's fist in his hand.  Forest noticed he had his abdomen exposed so he thrust the sword into his stomach. Jack stumbled back and held his stomach, it reminded him of the time in training when Wyatt had reacted the same way. Except this time when Jack removed his hand, it was covered in blood. Forest's eyes widened. He didn't mean to injure him enough so he would bleed. The look he received meant that they would no longer be tip toeing, like they had to during training.

    Jack ran at Forest and his sabre collided with his dagger. They danced, walking as their swords clanged against one another. Jack began to speed up his attacks. Forest couldn't keep up and he furrowed his brow in concentration, sweat dripped down the side of his face.

    Jack slashed Forest's arm multiple times. He could tell Jack was in pain as his face tightened, it seemed, with almost every move. Forest felt guilty about doing that to him, then he dived and tumbled out of Jack's way. Forest now faced his back, but not for long. Just as he was about to strike his back, he turned and used his sabre to block the attack and he used the momentum to shove Forest backwards. He landed on the ground with a few sore spots. Jack was quick and he was standing over him again. Forest quickly gathered himself and then stabbed Jack in the leg. As Jack grunted from the pain, Forest stood up from the ground.

    He felt Jack's saber pierce his arm and it threw him back. Forest brought his hand to the wound and gingerly touched it. When his hand was in his vision, he became pale from the sight of his own blood dripping from his hand.

    Jack backed Forest up against the glass wall. Forest pushed him, but it just made Jack lunge at him. His sabre pierced the flesh on his leg, he cried out in pain. He then toppled over his leg and held it as blood seeped out from the injury.

    Forest looked up at Jack, his face contorted in pain. When Jack's face remained neutral, it just made Forest angry. He reached to his side for his Dagger. He then stood up, cringing form the pain, and lunged.

    That last move took the rest of his energy, as he heard a loud ripping sound. There was a large vertical wound right down Jack's chest and abdomen. Forest swayed on the spot. With one swift movement of Jack's arm, his chest began to burn and he toppled over on the ground.

    Sweat coated his face as he laid on the ground. He refused to close his eyes, even if all he wanted at that moment was for the pain to be gone. His leg, chest and arms throbbed and his whole body ached. No amount of mental preparedness could prepare him for that.