Chapter 36

Melody wiped her forehead, shoved the blankets off her and sat up on the couch. She looked around Sophia's neat living room. She was starting to get sick of the view of it. She was going stir crazy.

Sophia stepped into the living room. "Feeling better?"

Melody's eyes slowly shifted to look at her. "Yeah. I think I'm ready to fight." She didn't know if that was entirely true. Although, she did feel like she could stand and hold a weapon. That was good enough for her.

Sophia sighed. "I can't force you not to, but don't be surprised if you find that you're still weak."

"I've been laying here, unconscious for a month. On top of me staying here and resting for days. I need to help them."

Sophia handed Melody some more medicine. "Take this." Melody quickly took the medicine.

"They need all the people they can get," Melody added in, hoping to convince Sophia it was a good idea.

"I know that! I know that they need more people, I'm not stopping you." She held her hands up in defence. Melody could tell Sophia was worried. She had taken care of her and wanted to see her get better.

Melody nodded."Thank you," She stood up and turned back just before she left. "For everything."

Sophia smiled and nodded as she watched Melody make her way into the street. The townspeople were once again training. They had paired up and Kieran, Wyatt, Jack, Julianne, and Forest were observing. They gave suggestions and helped out when needed.

Forest was talking to a pair that was fighting. It seemed like he was giving pointers on their footing. Forest turned and smiled once he noticed Melody approach him.

She smiled as well and put her hand on his shoulder. He turned back towards the people he was coaching. "Just Keep working on it." The person nodded and went back to fighting their partner.

Forest gave his attention back to Melody. "You must be better, you're standing on two feet now."

Melody let out a small chuckle. "Yeah." Her smile then fell a little.

Forest's face deepened with concern. "What's wrong?"

"I need an axe and an opponent. I'm ready to fight," Melody said very blatantly. She knew what she wanted.

Forest opened his mouth, then rethought his response. "Are you sure?"

Melody looked at him in determination. "Yes I'm sure." She didn't like being cooped up.

There was no way Forest would be able to talk Melody out of her decision. Once she made her mind up, that was it. He nodded. "Alright."

He turned and nodded at one of the townspeople. They quickly grabbed an axe and handed it to Forest. He turned towards Melody, his face serious. She took the axe in her hands and nodded in determination.

"Just be careful, alright!" Forest called after her.

"I will!" She waved away his concerns and marched through the crowd.

A loud noise rippled above their heads. Everyone stopped in their tracks and looked into the bright blue sky. Forest put a hand above his brow to shield his eyes. The sky was littered with fluffy white clouds. Among those clouds was a large grey airship. As they stood looking up into the sky, they were all completely clueless. Forest had gathered with Kieran, and Melody had made her way over to them.

"What do you think that is?" Forest asked Kieran and Melody.

Kieran shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine."

Melody tore her eyes from the sky and looked back at the two. "Should we wave or something?"

"No, it might be the Silver Blades," Kieran replied.