Chapter 13

The golden rays of the sun blinded Forest as he emerged from the stairs that led to the rooftop. He smiled to himself as he noticed Melody sitting on the ground, papers spread in front of her. Wyatt, Jack and Julianne accompanied her in huddling over the papers. Forest approached them and plopped down beside Melody. As she turned to look at him, the golden sunlight surrounded her, making her glow.

Melody looked at him. "What are you looking at?"

Forest smirked. "You." He ignored the fact that the others were there. He was proud of himself for being so smooth.

Melody looked back down at the papers in front of her, she smiled to herself. "Sorry, there's no time for flirting." Even though he was technically being shot down, he took this as a win. He made her smile. Forest smiled as he gazed at her focused face.

"Um excuse me, we're here too." Wyatt craned his head to get in his line of vision. He waved his hand to the his attention. He knew Wyatt was just teasing him

Melody gestured to the papers sprawled in front of them. "We need you to draw the layout of their hideout," She looked up at him and handed him a pencil. "You think you can do that?"

There was determination in her face. He took the pencil from her dainty hand. "I can try, I've never been good at drawing..."

Jack sat with his back straight and watched as Forest leaned over the large piece of paper. "If you fail I could always redraw what you have."

He glared at Jack, one hand on the ground to stabilize him. Of course he was good at drawing too. "It's fine, it doesn't have to be perfect," Melody said in an attempt to encourage Forest as he focused back on the paper and  began to draw straight lines on the page. Melody's eyes vividly watched his movements. He drew a long straight hallway, with a few rooms that branched off, which he labeled accordingly. Then he drew a large square that was attached to the first vertical hallway.

He then backed away from the papers and pointed to the square. "All around here are rooms, she should be in one of the ones towards the back."

Jack frowned at the paper. "And how do you know this?" He looked at Forest with skepticism.

Forest rolled his eyes. "Geez why do always have to be on his back Jack," Wyatt said, defending Forest. Jack didn't reply and his face remained neutral and calm.

"How do we know which one exactly?"
Julianne asked, bringing the focus back to the plan.

Forest crossed his legs. "We search them all." His gaze was strong and determined. He was being completely serious. He didn't want anyone else to get hurt during this mission, more especially since he learned what the Silver Blades did to his parents. He was still somewhat in denial even though it happened years ago.

"Won't that take a long time?" Melody asked, concerned.

"Yeah, if it were just the two of us, so we'll need to know if you guys are in or out,"
He said looking at Wyatt, Jack, and Julianne.
They were uncertain at first so he asked them to come along to hear their plan and then decide from there.

"When is this getting done anyways?"
Jack asked. Forest was kind of glad he was asking questions, this mean he hadn't completely ruled it out yet.

"As soon as possible, really," Forest gave Melody a condescending look as she spoke. "I know we have to take the time to get ready and everything, but-"

Forest raised his hand. "I know."

Melody nodded. "It's my sister we're talking about..." She trailed off, her watery gaze landing on each and every one of them .