Chapter 2

The small empty shell of the graffiti covered warehouse echoed with footsteps as Forest ran down the stairs to the lower floor. Damon had picked Forest up with the car and so none of the other members were back yet. That also meant he didn't know if they succeeded or not. Damon ran down the concrete stairs after him.

        "Y'know being late could be life or death!" Damon threw up his hands, frustrated at Forest's tardiness.

    "Ok, ok I'm sorry, it won't happen again." A small dark corridor with grimy floors and multiple doors met them as they reached the bottom of the stairs. Forest ignored the first door on the right, which led to the main hall, and continued down. He counted the rooms as he passed them, the training room, Master's office, rooms. He turned the corner and passed a few more rooms before he came to a stop in front of his door. He turned to face Damon, who had followed him and didn't stop chastising him for being late. Which he obviously ignored.

    "You can't do that, ever! No mess ups, got it?!" Damon looked at him like he was scolding a child.

    "Yeah, I get it." Forest shrugged and Damon looked at him, trying to determine if he was lying or not.

    Damon straightened. "Alright, no point in arguing, not when I have to go and drive the car into the ocean."

    Forest looked at him, confused and intrigued. "What?!" He was amazed at how nonchalant this man could be.

    "The car," Forest nodded in understanding as Damon talked slowly so he could understand. "We stole it and now we have to get rid of it, so we're not found."

    Forest fully faced him now. "Ok...then why steal it if it's a risk? I could've walked like everyone else." His hand rested on the doorknob as he shifted his body to lean against the door.

    Damon smiled at him. "It was your first mission, gotta do something special. Plus why not?" He smiled brightly. 

    Forest gaped at him. "You got Master to approve that?!"

    He shrugged. "Yeah. Master and I go way back." His face slightly fell, but he quickly rebounded.

    "You're way cooler than I thought you were." This brought Damon's smile back.

    "Thank- wait." He looked at Forest, deciding how to react to that. Forest only smiled at him.

    "You should go crash that car now." He patted Damon on the arm and then entered his room.

        His room was identical to all of the rooms in the warehouse. It was just big enough to fit a bed and a small dresser which were both stolen, along with most of his belongings. He fumbled to get his tie undone as he made his way to the bed. He sighed once he got it undone and he could breathe again.

    The room was artificially lit, as they were underground and couldn't have windows. He found himself wanting to go outside. He closed his eyes and imagined the snow, he imagined the city and tried to get in as many details to make it as accurate as he could. It wasn't as good as the real thing.

    Forest dug through his dresser for a few moments before he emerged with a hoodie and jeans, which he changed into. He was grateful for the comfort the clothes brought. He laid down on his bed and stared up at the concrete ceiling. The mission was most likely successful and that would mean that they now had the Guardian head in their possession. Even in the victory he couldn't help but feel guilty. He never liked the idea of stealing and murdering, even when he was little. He was taught that all of those things were okay, good even, and so he shoved those feelings away and continued to train. It seemed that all those suppressed feelings were resurfacing and came crashing over him all at once. He didn't know what to do.