Chapter 41

Julianne couldn't breath. Her hands clutched her throat as she felt an invisible force grasping it. Her vision blurred and she became dizzy and lightheaded. No noise escaped her throat. She felt her body begin to slightly relax. Her grip softening around her throat. She saw a figure before her, but she couldn't hear what they were saying. If they were saying anything at all. Her consciousness began to waver, but before she could become unconscious, she felt something go through her stomach.

It felt weird, but the invisible force had let go of her throat. She fell to the ground, clutching her stomach and throat. Blood dripped onto the ground. The figures left her there, not concerned about her. To them, she was already dead.

She wanted to scream in pain as her stomach burned. Still, no words could escape. Julianne placed  her hands on the ground and rested her head. Silent tears fell down her face as she accepted the fact that she was dying.

Nobody could see her, they were too busy fighting. No one could hear her, she couldn't seem to be able to talk. She let her body lay on the ground. Peacefully, Julianne had closed her eyes and let eternal darkness take over. There's was nothing she could do to save herself. Julianne became just another corpse on the battlefield.

Lovette ran over to her as fast as she could and whined. She was too late, Julianne's voice was no longer in her head. She lost her best friend, she was alone.

Jack's hair was unkempt. His face contorted in rage. He just didn't know what to do. He took his energy out on any member that stood before him. Jack seemed to be unstoppable.

As he pulled his sabre out of another member, he stepped back. His chest heaving as he took in deep breaths. He wiped his brow. There was a tall old man that stood before the HQ. He quietly observed the battlefield, a silver weapon hung by his side. There was a Silver Blade member that stood beside him.  Jack clenched his teeth and marched over to the old man.

A Proelia student observed what was about to go down. Herb stood next to them. "Who is that?" They asked, brow furrowed in confusion.

Herb shrugged. "I don't know, but I have a bad feeling..."

Jack stopped before the man, nostrils flaring. The man's interest piqued as he peered down at him. "You're the guy. The person that's responsible for all these murders..." Jack pointed an accusing finger at the man.

"I don't know what you're talking about. But if you're saying I'm the leader of the Silver Blades, you are correct." He stood like he owned the world.

A Guardian approached Herb just as the student left to rejoin the battle. "You better go warn the others. He may attack them next." Herb nodded in determination and headed toward City Hall. The Guardian went back into battle.

"You bastard! You killed my little brother and my best friend!" Tears formed in the corner of Jack's eyes through his anger.

Master didn't feel pity towards the boy. His face remainder neutral. "Careful there. You look like a promising young man, don't go around accusing people, you may find your yourself in trouble."

"My family is gone. I would gladly die if it means seeing them again and taking you down."

"Fine. If that's the way you want it." He swung his blade before him. The metal glinted in the light of the sun.

Jack brought his sabre down. It almost sliced Master's hand, but his weapon was there protecting him in an instant. Master advanced. Jack reluctantly backed away, not knowing what else to do. Jack made many swift moves, all blocked. The closest Jack got to hitting Master was when his sabre sliced a part of his clothing.

The two blades crossed. Master used his force to bring Jack's sabre downwards. "Enough!" He finally cried. Jack was boring him with his feeble moves. "It's time we end this, I've had my fun."

Master kicked Jack's legs, which crumpled beneath him. Jack looked up at Master from the ground. He knew these were his final moments.

Jack gritted his teeth. "I hope Forest kicks your ass." He smirked.

Master, annoyed, clutched Jack's head with both of his hands. He forced his head on a nearby rock. Jack's head was smashed and bloody, his nose broken. Jack still took this as victory, he had annoyed the man. Master let go of his head and took a step back. Blood ran down Jack's face. He lifted his weapon and swiftly swung it downwards.

His head throbbed, his vision blurred, he staggered as he stood. He flexed his grip on his sabre. He stumbled towards Master. He swung his balde, but it impacted nothing. Jack swayed on spot. He was useless.

Master's face was dark as he looked down at Jack. He effortlessly brought his blade towards the boys throat. It sliced through his neck, severing his head. Jack's body tumbled to the ground. Master turned away from the boy and looked out over the battlefield.

By the time he was done. Everyone, except the remaining Silver Blades, were killed. The battle field was silent. There was nothing but dead bodies.