Chapter 38

The tinted windows of the pristine white Guardian HQ glinted in the afternoon sun. The Silver Blades charged forwards. Jack charged into battle, mounds of people backing them up. Julianne inhaled sharply and grasped her whip. She looked over at Wyatt. He was hesitating. His eyes were wide as he took in the sights of the battle before him. Their eyes met, he smiled wide and gave her an encouraging nod. Wyatt charged head first into the battle.

Julianne looked down at Lovette, who was sitting by her legs. She was waiting for her. Lovette looked up at her. Julianne smiled and pat her head. Lovette's soft gray fur never failed to comfort her. Lovette stood up. She growled and then sprang into action. She was a calm animal, but could become viscous and cold when needed. Her claws and teeth were sharp and dug into the members flesh.

Jack's Sabre was coated in blood. His arms, clothes and face had blood splattered on them. His face was cold and stern. One member stood before him. Their weapons clashed. With each move the member made, he matched it. He then used all his force to move the other weapon downwards. The member stood back. Jack's hair was flattened with sweat. He gritted his teeth as his face contorted with anger. He used all his force to kick at the members leg.

There was a loud crunch. The member's leg snapped and they crumpled to the ground. Jack stood over the member. He then crouched down and plunged his sabre into the Silver Blade's chest.

Wyatt quickly brought up his shield. Julianne pushed herself off of it. Her whip coiled around the neck of a member. As her feet pounded to the ground, she pulled hard on the whip. The whip tightened and choked the member, they fell to the ground. Wyatt quickly stood and turned around. With one quick movement his sword had slashed the member. Blood seeped through his clothes. Before they could react, the tip of Wyatt's sword sliced through the Silver Blade's windpipe.

Warmth washed over Wyatt, it was burning hot. Wyatt suddenly felt like he was on fire. His skin burned and his body was hot. He dropped his shield and sword. He wailed in pain. He began to pat his arms, hoping to stop the burning feeling. It was no use. He dropped to the ground and screamed in pain.

"It burns! Make it stop!" Tears clung to the edges of his eyes.

He couldn't see anything through the pain and tears. He wanted to pull all his hair out. He felt the dirt beneath him and yet the flames burned on. No one could understand what was happening to him. Although he felt engulfed in flames, none were in sight.

One of the Silver Blades stood over him. They peered down at him. Their eyes were bright as if flames were reflected in them. They were entertained, watching him cry in utter pain. They basked in the moment, then lifted their silver weapon. It hovered over his chest. On their hand was a small flame mark. They were an animax user.

Wyatt inhaled sharply. The sword had pierced his chest. The member stabbed him again in the leg. They were about to stab him again when they turned around. Julianne stood behind them. Her whip wrapped around the members waist and she pulled them backwards.The member fell to the ground hard. She picked up the dropped silver weapon and stabbed the member.

Julianne bent over Wyatt. He was gasping for breath as he bled out on the ground. The dirt surrounding him was covered in blood.

Julianne set down her whip and leaned forward to lift him up. "Come on let's get you up."

What slightly shook his head. "No."

She's leaned back on her heels, slightly confused. "Why- we can help you, we can-"

"It doesn't matter I'm going to die." His face was contorted in pain as he spoke.

"No you're not, just let me-" Tears formed in her eyes and she spoke with desperation.

"It's my time. I know it is." Wyatt started coughing, blood dripped down his mouth.

Julianne looked up, concerned. She scanned the battle for Jack.

"It hurts," Wyatt moaned in pain.

"I know." She peered into his face. Tears slid down her face. "Just hang in there, Jack'll be here soon."

Jack jogged up to them. His knees gave in at the sight of his brother. He fell to the ground and then crawled towards Wyatt. "I'm here I'm here."

"Jack?" Wyatt asked uncertainly.

He nodded. "Ye- yeah it's me." He grabbed Wyatt's hand as tears spilled down his face.

"I'm going to die. I'm-I'm sorry that I'm not strong enough to live for you."

"N-no you're the bravest little brother I've ever had."

"But-I'm your only little brother."

Jack managed a laugh and a small smile. "Doesn't make you any less stronger."

Wyatt's lips curved into a small smile. He was dying happy. "I need you to tell Forest that I love him."

Jack quickly nodded. "I will."

"I love you."

Jack took in a shuddering breath. "I love you too." He held Wyatt and cried. His brother died in his arms, a smile on the corner of his lips. "Goodbye," He whispered.

Julianne placed a hand on Jack's shoulder. He bent over and lifted Wyatt's cold, limp, dead body. Jack's tears landed on his body. He carried his body and placed it under a lone tree, away from the battle.

Jack sniffled and wiped a tear from his eye. He looked down at Wyatt. "He shouldn't have been involved in any of this." He shook his head, disappointed in himself for not protecting his brother. He gritted his teeth and faced the battle. His eyes narrowed as he tightly gripped his sabre. He marched back into battle. "I'll do this for Wyatt."

Julianne's whip wrapped around Silver Blade members. One after another members fell to the ground. Two Members stood before her. She straightened and her whip hit one of the members side. They tried to get close to her, but it was no use. One member now stood before her. As she was about to whip them, she felt someone pull her hair.

She dropped her whip and grabbed behind her head. The member stepped before her, a smug smile on their face. Her hair was released, and yet she was still. She felt cold, like ice. The member that stood before her, had their forearm showing. There was the mark of an animax user, this time it was an icicle.

Silver Blade members surrounded her. She tried to move, but couldn't. She felt air escaping her, nothing seemed to be getting to her lungs.

"I wouldn't struggle if I were you. The more you try to move, the deeper my icicle goes in your neck."