Chapter 27

Melody tried to put on a brave face as she led Wyatt into her dark and empty house, but it was hard as her sister, Steffi, had recently been killed by the SIlver Blades. She was little when she lost her mother, so she never understood what it felt like to lose someone until now, and it was awful. All she wanted to do was curl up into a ball and cry, but she had to be strong because Jack would kill her if anything happened to Wyatt.

  Melody entered first. The living room and kitchen seemed to be empty, as well as the closed in dining room next to the kitchen. Wyatt seemed to relax when the home seemed to be vacant. Melody on the other hand still seemed rather tense as she spoke to him, "I'll check upstairs, you grab supplies down here."

Wyatt eyed her with concern. "Are you sure you're ok with... rummaging through your house after what happened?"

Melody nodded and headed up the stairs that were by the door, while Wyatt scavenged for supplies on the main floor. She made her way up slowly, and yet the stairs still creaked. When she made it to the top, a hallway greeted her. She knew this hallway and all the photos that hung on its walls. One particular photo caught her eye, it was a picture of her and her sister on her first day of school. She gazed at their happy and innocent faces with their backpacks on. Melody found herself tracing her finger around the edge of the frame as her eyes glistened.

She shook her head and gulped down her grief, she then kept her head down and continued. Nothing important was in her room, what she was looking for was in her father's room. The second door in the hallway was left wide open, with moonlight flooding in through the open window. The room was plain, consisting of nothing more than what you'd expect to find in a bedroom. She continued past the bed that was undearth the window at the back of the room, and to the left, where the ensuite was.

The bathroom had a large tub and shower, along with a pristine double sink and mirrors. Melody placed her axe on the ground and immediately began to rummage through the continents of the drawers. After a moment, she found what she was looking for, a first aid kit. Her father thought that the bathroom was the appropriate place to store it. 

She grabbed her axe and stopped dead in her tracks. Before her was a Silver Blade, dressed all in black with their signature silver weapon. "Where's Shawn." It was more like a demand than a question.

    Something clicked inside her, Shawn was her father's name, they wanted him. She honestly didn't know where he was though and so she disregarded the member's question and became engulfed in anger. They killed her sister. Her brown eyes narrowed and she lifted her axe.

    Melody surged forward, her wavy light copper hair flew behind her, and she kicked the member in the leg. The member fell backwards, but they sprung back up on their feet and ran towards her. Melody smirked and dodged, they crashed head first into the luxurious corner bath. They turned over onto their back in agony, they held a hand over their face. She could see through the hand that blood was running down their face.

    They got back up and clenched their jaw. They began to swing at her rapidly and she managed to get the blade of her axe between her and the member's weapon. She held her axe with  both hands and, with a loud, yell she swung the blade down. It collided with flesh with a sharp slice.

    Melody lowered her axe, panting. When her eyes focused on what she had done she was struck with horror. Blood coated the shiny tile, along with a dismembered arm. She had cut off the member's arm. She covered her mouth and whimpered, she never wanted to do anything like that. She watched as the member scurried away from her in fear, their eyes wide in shock. The only thing she thought was, what had I done?

    Wyatt entered the room and with a bag on his back. "I heard a yell, are you-" Wyatt began before he took in the scene before him.

    The member looked pale, maybe their shock was wearing off and the pain was settling in. They backed up against the side of the bed and looked back and forth between Melody and Wyatt. They then looked at the window behind them. Before Melody knew it, the member had fallen backwards out of the window.