Your Place is Number One

Ben dropped the box on my bed and the sound woke me from my nap.

"Wh..wh..whatt are you doing here? You scared me to death" I knocked his head and he fell onto the bed and just smirked. It felt like things had gotten closer to the way they were.

"I just wanted you to take a look at these," he said.

"Anyway, I gotta go. My dad is waiting for me in the car."

"What is this? 

Your dad is out there? Why are you in a hurry? 

What am I going to do with this? 

Do you give this to me or just want me to take a look at it?"

"I don't know. Up to you. If you wanna keep it, I'd be glad to give it to you. Just take a look at them." And with that he hugged me and whispered, "You will see that you had always been and remained in my heart, even I was a real jerk to you, not deserving your forgiveness." I didn't say anything, but just hugged him tight.

After a couple of seconds, he went out of my room and shut the door.

I had no idea what was in the box, but I knew it contained something important. I took a quick shower, and carried the box downstairs; it was quite heavy. I placed it on the table in the den and prepared breakfast for me and Osaka. He was going to come shortly.

After finishing breakfast with Osaka, I told Osaka about the box that Ben gave me and asked him if he would want to see it together with me.

"If you don't mind, ok, I guess."

"Sure, let's open the box."

The first thing when I opened the box, I thought I was going to faint. "Phwoaah"

"What is it? What are these?" Osaka asked. I couldn't answer him. This was just too much. I rummaged through the box and look at the items one by one.

"ugggh ... uh..huhh .... ahhhh"

"What is it? Are these all his?  No, these must be ypurs; that's ehy he gave them to you."

All of items in the box were attached to a string and at the end of the string is piece of paper. I tried to remember all of them, one by one.

"I th.th.think so. I am noot sure about so.some though, like this tooth." Just looking at the items felt like being jolted by lightning. Some items I didn't recognize until I saw my name on it, like three straps with my name written on, the room numbers and the hospitals.

"Hh.hhowww ... wh...why? Whhaat does this all mean?"

"Well you dummy, whatever it is, he is letting you know how he feels about you."

I poured the items out and onto the table. Good thing our table was quite large and so I placed them one next to another in rows and some remaining ones I placed on the floor.

And there in front of me were spread items that once upon a time belonged or supposedly belonged to me.

Osaka grabbed me by my shoulder. I was shaking. He calmed me down, but still I couldn't help tears from falling from my eyes. Those tears that I was so afraid to shed.

I knew then the dam in me had burst..