Gentle Whispers

Osaka's POV

I saw Aspen and Ben hugging each other for what seemed like forever. I was stealing glances, looking at them while talking to Anthony.

It was so much a relief to see them on good terms again. Yet, the pain was unbearable. Not because I was jealous of them. Well, yes, I did feel a slight hint of jealousy, but that wasn't the main reason. Not for the fact that I loved him so much and wanted him for myself only, but for the fact that I had to let him go. No, he did not know it yet. I had not told him.   It would be better for him not knowing now; otherwise, it would be like having one friend back in exchange for another going.  The excruciating pang that I felt was one that I no one to share with. I had made my decision and I was going to live with the consequences, no matter what.

The time was approaching. And it was really my decision. I was not coerced by anyone into making this decision. My parents had no say in it. They left it all up to me. So, I did it willingly. The time for my departure was issued already. In one week's time, I would leave this place that I had come to love so much.   They had given me an ultimatum, I would leave no less than a month from now.  I would leave those whom I loved, especially one who had become my other half, Aspen.

I spent most of my life time in this place. I knew no other place, but here. But soon it would only be a memory. Soon, I would only be a memory to Aspen.

In the thirteen months knowing him, I had received so much from Aspen. He always said that I had done so much good to and for him. Well, little did he know that he was the perfect healing balm for my wounded soul. If it weren't for him, I didn't know what I would have become. Spending most of my days in these thirteen months with him had surely changed my entire life and purpose. Now, I was driven and purposeful, while before I had no purpose at all.

But all these thoughts that were reeling were for another time to think about. The most important thing was seeing those two going back to what they were previously, soul mates.

I grabbed Anthony's hand and beckoned him to follow me, back to town.

In that mid-autumn breeze I heard gentle whispers of two souls as I closed the door to my car.