A Chance Encounter With Fate - 1

I lost my footing.

Tears rolled down my face.

I thought that was going to be my end. 

That was when I felt a sudden jolt by someone pushing his way to me and grabbed me by my waist. I didn't know what was happening.  I lost my footing, but whatever the person did jolted me even further down.  If it weren't for my skills in rock climbing, which I acquired during my early years of outdoor activities with my dad, I would probably have been thrown down to the 500-ft canyon below along with the idiot whose hands were gripping me around my waist. I swayed my body away from the cliff and we both tumbled down the flat ground. We were in compromising position.  He squeaked like a girl.

Some hero.

Even in a crucial moment like this when all my body was relying simply on my reflexes, I couldn't help myself but let that last single tear I was trying to hold dropped down onto his face. No, I was not going to let my life go to waste after all this. 

I must have made a terrified look on my face considering the situation and how I came here to get away from people and celebrate my birthday alone and think about Osaka!

"Don't kill yourself, ok! Life is too precious to be cut short," the voice behind me yelled at my ears. His face – it was the voice of a boy, unless it was a girl with a strep throat – was like 2 inches in front of me. Too close for comfort.  I saw my tear drop rolled down his face to the side.  And he was hugging me for dear life, whose I wasn't too sure.

I thought he saw me wiping away my tear with the one hand that was not gripped by his hand, and I heard a whisper,"shhhhh. Everything is going to be okay. Don't cry. I am here. I don't know you; you don't know me, but I guess I am an angel sent by God to rescue you." I was ready to kill this boy, so nobody would be a witness to my crying.

I felt giddy. How obnoxious. This boy must be mad.

I grabbed his hands and yanked them away from my waist and pushed him as hard as I could.

"Hey, what are you doing? I am trying to help you, you know. I don't know you, but I don't like a life wasted away, like what you are trying to do to yourself now."

I screamed at him from the top of my lungs : "who said I was going to kill myself? Are you crazy? I would never do that to me! You crazy idiot! Your saving method is a danger to us both. We both could have fallen off of the cliff. When you are trying to save someone from jumping off of a cliff, you don't push him  into the ravine.".

"Crazy man," I mumbled. My heart was racing - I looked at him, he was handsome lad at about the same age as I was. Somehow, my heart skipped a beat or two.

"Why don't you mind your own business and do whatever it is you were going to do. Why are you here anyway? This place is so secluded. I have never met anyone here before."

"Wwwhhaat? You mean you weren't trying to jump off of there? Huuuuh? Are you sure. Aaaahhh. Soooooo sorrryyyyyy. It seemed to me you were trying to jump."