CHAPTER 2:13

We are now hurtling towards the end of the arc again. There will be an opportunity for any side story of your choosing. Do comment or pm me if there is any particular side story you want me to write. Here is the new chapter! Enjoy!

Me and Adam walked up the stairs of the company building and we were getting curious stairs as well as some murmurs about things we could not hear. At this point, l knew something was up because there would not normally be such a reception every time l made an appearance and l'm guessing that it is most definitely negative. A hundred percent. Once in the PA part of the building, l looked for where my office used to be but found it completely empty without any furniture at all and none of the pitch documents l left behind. I turned around facing Adam looking extremely worried and his face mirrored mine.

 I wanted to cry there and then because l spent so much time and effort doing the damned work. I did not really care about losing my job or at least l think l did but still l woke up early as hell to be here every day and this was not something that would easily be forgotten. I quickly blinked to remove any trace of tears threatening to spill and Adam put his arms around me trying to comfort me. I was dumbfounded. I did not think he would be like this especially since we did not really have a deep relationship and had skipped all the tutorials jumping all the way to unspoken relations. I guess he was a good guy. Someone extremely rare for me to meet. Pushing my feelings of contempt and resentment back into my heart, l slightly pushed him away and smiled slightly to show l was fine and walked to Henry's office to experience a good show. 

I walked into his office without knocking and found Kiera on his lap giggling softly while he was playing with her hair. I guess they really did make up fast when l wasn't there and that was one less ship to worry about. When he finally concentrated on me, his eyes narrowed in displeasure and disgust. Disgust?!?!?! I have not really done anything to him this life at all so if it is all about before, it wasn't me but of course he did not know that. Kiera also looked at me with a mix of surprise and was that killing intent l sensed just now. I did not do anything to her either so how did even happen? Well then let the show bloody well begin.

 I wanted to see how these two's acting skills have grown. Kiera walked up to me and slapped me saying "You bitch!! I should have never trusted you at all. I can't believe you were trying to seduce Henry and when that did not work you went for his PA instead as if sleeping around would get you to the top." I just smirked when she said that and replied "Are you stupid? I have not even had any contact with Henry since the last time he came to pick you up. Also, Adam knows me well enough because of all the investigations he made on me since l was supposed to be Henry's PA. He checked on my family background, where l lived, what l did in my free time, who my friends were. He knows everything and l am sure he would know if l was a gold digger who wanted to take Henry's money. Also, if that was the case, he would have just directly failed me with my lifestyle being the reason. So l want to tell you something don't just randomly accuse people without evidence."

"Evidence? There is too much of that in my hands."

"Oho so you can also collect evidence. Then quickly let me see so l can defend myself. I can't just let my reputation be ruined without helping myself first. SO show me this good evidence of yours."

A photo of me in the bathroom with three guys popped up and it did not even look like l was in it at all. 

"OHO! So this is your evidence? Me being almost raped in a bathroom? Luckily Adam was there to save me else l really would have been raped. Are you trying to traumatise me or what? Even if l was a gold digger, l would not do it in the loo regardless so this does not count. Also, l have a video of the whole thing so l can go to court right now and sue you for defamation. But l have a question for you. You, Kiera are my best friend. Why didn't you trust me but instead trust a random guy who wanted to destroy our relationship? Also, if you pull out any more photos l guarantee that they were photoshopped and if you want we can check the validity of them. The only men l have come into contact with are for business and the only person l was with for pleasure was Adam. You can even ask him whether l seduced him and l'm sure he would say no."

I said this confidently while silently sweating. I'm not so sure he would agree with what l just said so lets cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Adam smiled at me and held my hand. He then turned to Kiera. "Abby is my fiance and l accepted her for who she was so how could she seduce me when l asked her to marry me."

WAIT! When did he ask me? I don't remember agreeing at all. Not at all. Kiera looked at me again with hostility after Adam said this. Why does she hate me now? Honestly, just because she is the female lead she should not hog all the good looking males ah otherwise l might as well be a nun for the rest of my life. 

Seeing that the whole confrontation was not going well, Henry slammed his hand on the desk pulling our attention back to him. He then said "Even if you are not being adulterous. Office romance is prohibited in this company."

At this l chuckled. Isn't this guy being too hypocritical? "But just now l saw you and Kiera doing some very ambiguous things just now. Doesn't that also warrant you getting fired?"

Henry released a lot of killing intent but l just smirked not even taking notice to Kiera's reddening eyes. Adam took the opportunity to bring a document to the desk and l peeked at it seeing the header. I think l saw resignation. But what was this guy doing? First, he says we're getting married even though l don't see a reason why. Secondly, he's resigning just for my sake. What is even going on? It was not supposed to be like this. 

While l was not paying attention, Kiera silently approached me and when l finally looked up, l felt some pain. There was blood gushing everywhere and l saw the pocket knife in her hand. There was one thought in my mind. 'What had Henry told her for her to become like this?' Adam started yelling when saw the blood and looked around the room for a medical kit. I crumpled to the ground in so much pain and started convulsing. My God! This girl even added poison to let me die faster. 

Adam saw what was going on and panicked even more asking Henry to call an ambulance. Henry just sat there looking regal without doing anything. Adam knelt down and intertwined our hands together while giving me soft kisses on the side of my cheek. I said weakly "Don't do anything rash if l die okay? Promise me you'll continue living." He replied "I had bought everything for you. I was going to marry you. I will keep on living but l have a question for you." I nodded while silently observing his profile. His eyes looked watery as if he was about to cry and l really wanted to chuckle at that moment. The first person to cry when l was dying even though he was a book character. He asked "Will you marry me?" and l managed to squeeze out "Maybe" before closing my eyes. Abby had died that day.

Well wasn't that an emotional ending there Jane. Well well. The witch finally makes an appearance. And that was a moment of weakness l assure you it will not be happening again.

Unhuh sure, sure. Anyway, you managed to finish the world well and you're still here even though you died because that was how the world was supposed to end. WAIT! So you mean l was worrying about my life for no reason.

......... YOU BITCH! You could have told me!!!! Do you know how l was living in fear everyday as if l was going to die the next minute.

Welcome to humanity. You-

Downloading in 3...2..1.

I DID NOT EVEN GET ANY WORDS IN!!!

I have to apologise for not updating the past two days. But l hope you enjoy the chapter and keep reading, commenting and voting. It really motivates me. Angel xxx