CHAPTER 3:10

That's Jane up there in her new body. Damn those eyes. Here's the new chapter!!

Jane's P.O.V

Once seven o'clock came, l bolted out of my room and headed straight to the dining area for food before it became crowded and it would be awkward to choose where to sit. Also, l didn't want to make unnecessary small talk just yet so going early would allow me to eat in peace. When l got there, Oriel was sitting there already with his eyes trained on the door as if waiting for someone and as l walked in, his face visibly brightened.

"Hey Su!!"

"Oh hey! You're here early. Why's that?"

"Well l knew you were going to be here early too. I did the exact same thing to escape all the people and get some peace so l feel you."

"...." I didn't know I'd get figured out so quickly. But l don't see why he's being particularly friendly unless he is forcing himself to be. In all my past lives, l have never had someone close enough to be a friend and l sure am not starting now.

"Come to sit down and eat. The food's good here and the cooks are nice so you can have as much as you want."

That's a good thing to hear because l am starving and there's a lot of good food right in front of me so how can l resist? I quickly went up to get some hot food and piled the scrambled eggs and bacon on my plate while looking around for what to eat next. Once l got all my food, l put it down and went to thank the cooks because, without them, my stomach would be empty.

I went back to sit down and started shoving food in my face while not making any conversation with the boy sitting next to me. I made sure to eat enough breakfast because l wouldn't be going back till dinner. Before l knew it, all the food on my plate had disappeared and my cold glass of water started looking appealing. I drank it all in one gulp then slouched in my seat to convey how full l was.

"Hahaha. You're too funny Su! I have never seen a person eat that much in one go!"

I blushed in shame and didn't bother to respond because any further argument would be pointless.

"Since we're both done eating, I'll take you to the room for the meeting ceremony and we'll get started. The high ups, as well as the pope, decided that it would not be good to have the whole chapel there for it so only important persons and your buddies will be there."

"Phew! At least, l won't have to do many greetings!"

"Let's go now."

I stood to leave but then tripped and was caught by Oriel who happened to be in front of me. Well, isn't this a fine picture? I felt the heat radiating from his body as he hugged me. I coughed and he let go of me but l still noticed his blush. After that little incident, we walked to the main chapel room in silence each of us immersed in our own thoughts.

If l could give one word to describe the meeting ceremony, it would have to be boring. It was basically a meet and greet but with many speeches from unimportant people and handing me my certificate of transfer. It sounds simple but there were too many difficult processes to go through like, for example, showing that l still had magical power and how much l had exactly. Time did not fly by but when the meeting finally finished, it was already dark and time for dinner.

Both my buddies led me to the dining area this time. I still didn't know the name of my other buddy but l wasn't particularly bothered by that. They seemed to be quite popular because they got waves from many different people and l got a few winks in my direction too! But l didn't even know what that meant so l just brushed it off and went to get food.

And just like that, three days passed by in a slow pace while got used to living in a new place and started joining in chapel activities. The poison's effects seemed to be fading so l could control my urges better now. My prayers were even more neglected now because l was helping others all the time that it seemed l had no time for God. But to look like the model priest, l quickly went to the prayer room to pray. I did not forget to hypnotise myself before it though.

Lord God

It seems that we haven't talked at all these past days

I missed you and your presence

I revere and adore you

Lord l ask for your blessings and protection

Be with me lord and protect me from my dangerous fate

Save me and take me away with you to live in the highest heaven

But l can only worship you and not see you

Even though l cannot see you, l still love you

I devote myself to you and l will forever be your servant

I went on and on and on and honestly, it embarrasses me to say that l can't even remember what l said but l sure hope it wasn't weird. As an atheist, l firmly did not believe that this God was real until the Dark God came. I mean if he is real then surely the Light God is also real. But l had no time to worry about that because there was a knock on the door. Who could it be at this time? Everyone knows not to disturb each other when praying. I only hope it isn't anything bad.

I opened the door and came face to face with a soldier and an arrest warrant. Um?

"Are you Su Luo?"

"Yes l am"

"Well, we have an arrest warrant for you and have the power to arrest you. If you resist, we shall be forced to use violence and that would not good for the both of us so if you could come quietly that would be good."

"For what reason am l being arrested?"

"That shall all be explained in morning court in two days time. You shall be detained at the army barracks until further notice."

I turned around and they tied a rope around my hands extremely tightly as if to remind me that l could not escape. In my mind, l could hear the darkness laughing as if saying 'You see! You should have come with our master!' But l did not really want to call the Dark God just yet. I let them lead me out the chapel making sure that we stayed hidden so no one could tell what was happening. I didn't want my reputation to become even worse than it already was.

Once we reached the front of the chapel, l found a cage with some hay in it and l think that's when l realised my situation. But seriously, how did this even happen?

I decided to update earlier today for all those desperately waiting for the new chapter. Enjoy! Angel xxxx