durning the 9 months..

Days Later

Kara stayed in Central City. She just felt responsible. She should've stayed with him. She should've gone to the lab. She could've prevented all of this. She could've saved him. So she stayed in Central City, waiting for results but Barry continued to stay asleep. It was about 1 AM one night and she was still up at the hospital when Iris walked over with a cup of coffee.

"oh, thanks.", She said as Iris handed her the cup of coffee. Then she sat next to Kara as she had a sip of coffee.

"You know it's not your fault.", Iris said, trying to comfort her.

"I should've been there still.", Kara said, still convinced it was her fault. "then you'd probably be hit by the lightning and be in a coma right now."

If only she knew.

"Right.", Kara said taking another sip of my coffee.

"I'm making it official...I'm taking you home tomorrow.", Iris said.

"What? Iris.", Kara said sternly.

"No, no. We've been in here too long, I'm taking you to National and you can show me around.", She said convincing Kara. "Alright, alright, fine."

National City

So the next day we went to National. On the way, Iris was on my phone doing something. "What are you doing, West?", Kara aid while driving.

"I'm making you a dating profile, Danvers.", She said with a smirk. "What?!", Kara yelled out.

"You're single and you need to get out there.", Iris said. Kara felt like weird about trying to get out there, romantically. Cat Grant's son, Adam, likes Kara, but she still felt weird about it. She just felt like she shouldn't be dating anyone new. "but...", Kara said softly.

"No buts.", Iris said.

"Okay Fine." She was messing with it for a while then my phone beeped and she got excited.

"A guy wants to chat with you!", she practically yelled out. Kara chuckled. Oh Iris West, What was Kara gonna do with you?

Kara's Apartment

They walked inside to find Alex, waiting. "Where have you been?!", she yelled, not even noticing Iris.

"Nice to see you too, my lovely sister.", Kara aid with a sarcastic voice.

"Do you have any idea how long you've been gone?!", she yelled even more.

"Yeah...", Kara said softly.

"Where were you?!", yelling even more.

"Central City.", Kara said with her arms crossed.

"Why?", She asked.

"My friend Barry got in a accident.", Kara said getting a little bit mad with Alex giving her such a hard time.

"Kara, I know your friends. Winn & James...that's it. No one named Barry.", Alex said with a little bit of attitude. Then Iris interrupted all the yelling and arguing with a half-smile.

"Hey...Sorry to interrupt this-", She said kinda awkwardly.

"Who are you?", Alex snarked at Iris, being extremely rude.

"Iris West...Barry's foster sister.", Kara snarked back.

"Right.", Alex said.

"Well..Alex..I need to get to work.", Kara said leading Alex to the door. She calmed down a little bit and actually started to be polite to Iris.

"Uh-huh. Nice to meet you Iris." She then left and Kara closed the door.

"Sorry...Ever since her family adopted me, she's been really  protective when I met new people.", Kara said trying to apologize for Alex's behavior.

"It's- you're adopted?", Iris asked.

"Yeah...I'll tell you about it later.", Kara said before getting ready for work real quick.

CatCo

Kara had brought Iris there and she was amazed at how big the place CatCo was.

That is until Snapper yelled at Kara. "Danvers!" Kara ran into his office with Iris following.

"Yes?", Kara asked softly.

"Where the hell have you been?", He asked being snappy.

"I told you I had a family emergency.", Kara said.

"Yes, but you are 1 minute and .2 seconds late. I told you to be here by 10 am since you told me you were coming back today.", He said being well..Snapper.

"..I got caught up with something when I got back. It won't happen again.", Kara aid.

"just get to work!", he yelled.

"Got it!" Kara turned around to Iris and they walked back to Kara's desk.

" 'Family Emergency' ?", She asked using her fingers as quotations.

"I would've said 'Friend Emergency' but that doesn't sound as serious.." Kara went to work that Snapper wanted her to do and Iris surprisingly didn't mind sticking around and was very helpful.