angels

"You have no choice. Kill Barry Allen or let him kill you. Either way- You lose.", Barry said before taking out a kryptonite sword. "Recognize this? It's the same sword your love used- To kill Astra. It's almost justice.", Barry said and Kara inhaled deeply, as tears developed in her eyes.

"Barry, please wake up.", she said.

"He can't hear you.", Barry said.

"Revenge won't bring Astra back.", Kara said.

"I don't want to bring her back. I want you to join her.", Barry said then they started to run at each other, before jumping up to fight each other. And now the potential lovers have to fight each other.

In the air, Barry slashed Kara's arm with the sword. She loudly winced before falling to the ground. "Barry. I know you're in there. This isn't you. You don't wanna do this.", Kara groaned as Barry kicked her, putting her in a corner.

"You left me no choice. You're reunited with Astra in the light of Rao, you tell her her wishes have all come true.", Barry said before he was about to kill her. But then J'onn quickly landed feet behind them with Joe.

"Barry! Stop! This isn't you!", Joe yelled then Barry turned to look at him.

"The Martian's protecting your mind. Who knows for how long, by the looks of him.", Barry said.

"As long as he has to.", Joe said.

"If only you could have protected Alex's. Or even Barry's. But now his father figure has to watch.", Barry said as he looked back at Kara, who was on the ground, trembling.

"Barry. You can beat this. I know you can. You're not gonna hurt me. You're not gonna hurt Kara. We are a family. You are the strongest of us all. Your mother knew that. I know she's watching over you. I know she'd be so proud. She believed in you. I believe in you, too. You are Barry Allen and nothing on Earth can change that. So. Please. Come back.", Joe said and then Barry blinked, he wasn't in his trance anymore. It was him.

"Joe?", Barry asked as he turned off the suit he was in.

"Yes.", Joe said, relieved that Barry was back. Then Barry looked at Kara, who was trembling from the cut.

"Kara-", Barry said before he helped her up. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.", he rambled.

"It's all right.", Kara said but Barry still couldn't believe he did what he did.

"I'm so sorry.", Barry said before Kara hugged him, rubbing his back as he cried in her arms. Kara looked at Joe and he smiled at her. "Thank you.", she mouthed and he nodded.

Old TV Station

Everyone walked back in while Cat & Max were still working on getting station working. "So, Supergirl's plan is to broadcast a symbol-", J'onn started to say.

"Of hope.", Cat said.

"Of hope.", J'onn said.

"With a speech.", Cat said.

"A speech?", J'onn asked.

"Also about hope.", Cat said.

"But how will she cut through Myriad and reach the people?", Joe asked.

"Supergirl is my protege, reaching people is what I do. Plus, there is scientific evidence that supports my plan. Max?", Cat said.

"Myriad works by shutting down the connection between the amygdala and the rostral anterior cingulate cortex. The parts of the human brain that give rise to optimism and hope.", Max explained.

"Under Myriad, I could see, I could hear, but it was like I was a complete stranger to myself. And then Joe said something about my mother and it was like a switch went off in my brain. I could suddenly feel again. I could feel hope. And that's what she's gonna give them once Max can kick start the connections.", Barry explained before walking into the film room, where Kara was.

"If. This equipment's a dinosaur. If I can get her speech on TV and the symbol on computers and phones, I'm even more of a genius than I thought.", Max said before pressing a button. "Okay, we're ready.", Max said, and it was seen that Barry & Kara were giving each other deep looks. But Barry nodded before walking out to everyone else.

"Okay. She's ready too.", Barry said before closing the door.

"In three, two-", Max started to say and then they were on air.

"People of National City. This is Supergirl and I hope you can hear me. We have been attacked. Mothers and fathers, friends and neighbors, children, everyone, suddenly stopped by a force of evil as great as this world has ever known. Your attacker has sought to take your free will, your individuality, your spirit. Everything that makes you who you are. When facing an attack like this, it's easy to feel hopeless. We retreat, we lose our strength, lose ourselves. I know. I lost everything when I was young. When I first landed on this planet, I was sad and alone. But I found out that there is so much love in this world out there for the taking, and you, the people of National City, you helped me.", Kara started out.

CatCo

Iris was typing away on her computer when she looked up at the TV and saw Kara on the screen giving her speech. But then Iris started to blink, thinking about Kara.

"Uh...Hi...Who are you?", Iris asked them. "Kara...Barry invited me?...this must be the wrong house..", Kara said slowly and embarrassed. "No! Sorry, I'm Iris. Barry's foster sister.", Iris said quickly. "Right! He told me about you.", Kara said with a smile.

-

Iris was walking when she saw the plane so she ran into the crowd. She looked over and saw Kara take off her glasses. "...Kara?" Kara ran off and Iris followed her. "Kara, wait!" When Iris turned to the ally where Kara was, she saw Kara fly into the night sky leaving a gust of wind.

-

"Why didn't you open it? It could be anthrax.", Cat said and Siobhan started to stammer. Then Iris & Kara looked at each other before smirking to each other.

Iris gasped as Kara continued her speech. Iris immediately got up and ran to James' office. "You let me be who I'm meant to be. You gave me back to myself. You made me stronger than I ever thought possible, and I love you for that. Now, in each and every one of you, there is a light, a spirit, that cannot be snuffed out. That won't give up. I need your help again. I need you to hope. Hope. That you will remember that you can all be heroes. Hope. That when faced with an enemy determined to destroy your spirit, you will fight back and thrive. Hope. That those who once may have shunned you will, in a moment of crisis, come to your aid. Hope. That you will see again the faces of those you love and perhaps even those you have lost.", Kara finished. Then everyone's cellphones started to ring. Barry smiled to himself before walking up to Kara. "It's working.", he said and Kara chuckled, happy everything had worked.