they need Supergirl Part 2

Kara & Iris went to the site where Max was and Iris started to take pictures of Max but then stopped when Max started to talk to Kara. "Kara Danvers. Thank you for shooting our relief efforts.", Max said and Kara just smiled. "But I heard you weren't working with photojournalist anymore. Is this Jimmy's replacement?", Max asked. "Actually, that is Jimmy Olsen's camera and he let's CatCo use it when the need arises.", Kara said with a slight bold tone. Max then glanced over to Iris and stared at her, as if he knew her.

"Wait, actually, You look familiar.", he said. "We've met.", Iris said. "Um, I'm Cat Grant's assistant, Iris.", she continued and Max looked away, starting to do something else. "Um. We- uh- We have to say, we think what you're doing today is wonderful. But- I found what you said on TV a little- surprising.", Kara said and Max looked back at them with a water bottle in his hand that had Lord Industries label plastered on it. "You mean about Supergirl? If you knew me, you wouldn't be surprised.", Max said. "Oh, I know you.", Kara said before chuckling a little. "But-But don't you think that-That people need a more positive message right now? Hope instead of fear? I just think that if Supergirl could be here today-right now, she would be.", Kara said and then Max snickered. "Why? Because Cat Grant says so? She might as well be Supergirl's PR flack, slapping that 'S' on everything just to make money.", Max said before walking off but Iris & Kara followed him. "But What are you doing?", Iris asked. "I want everyone to know who's helping them in their time of need, a human being.", Max said before handing Kara a water bottle and she slightly scoffed.

"Supergirl lulls us into complacency. She fools us into thinking she'll save us and renders us incapable of saving ourselves. Like heroin, or the welfare state.", Max said as Iris clutched her fist, annoyed. "That's cynical.", Kara said. "It's realistic. If anything, Supergirl should be thanking me for what I'm not saying.", Max said. "Which is what exactly?", Iris asked. "She lost her powers.", Max said without hesitation and Kara looked slightly upset, but the glasses hid the fact that she was tearing up.

"Explains why she's nowhere to be found. I'm guessing she blew out her photovoltaic capabilities fighting that military android. She's a dead battery now.", Max said as Iris glanced at Kara, seeing she was upset then looked back at Max. "You can't be sure of that.", Iris said. "I've studied Superman. It takes him roughly 48 hours to recharge. We're way past that. If Supergirl hasn't gotten her powers back by now, there's a good chance she never will. And that means - we're on our own.", Max said but before either of them could say anything else, a woman approached them, crying.

"Help! Please! My dad needs help over there!", the woman said before running off to her father with Kara & Max running after him and Iris gave a woman working at Max's site, Jimmy's camera before following them.

They got to an area where a car seemed to have crashed and a man was lying on the ground unconscious, assumed her father. "Over here. Help. Please, please, he's right here.", the woman said before they all except her got on the ground to see what the problem was.

"He's got a tension pneumothorax.", Max said and both Kara & Iris looked at Max weird. "You're a doctor?", Kara asked. "Did med school in a year. He needs to get to the hospital.", Max said. "I called 911, but they haven't come yet.", The woman said with fear and worry plastered across her face. "Paramedics are swamped.", Iris said. "I once saw a clip of Supergirl in the news. She flew someone over there to the hospital.", the woman said. "Unless you know where she is, we're your dad's only hope.", Max said and Iris looked at Kara, who seemed to be filled with so much regret and emotionally miserable that she couldn't help people and save the city. Instead, people were dying and the city was crumbling apart.

"Damn it. It's a venous bleed.", Max said, finally figuring out what was wrong with the man. "What?", Iris asked. "He must've lacerated another vessel.", Max explained. "So we find- We find the vessel, stop the bleeding, right?", Kara asked. "He's got 100,000 miles of vessels. We'll never find the right one. Unless you have an X-ray machine.", Max said and Kara & Iris looked at each other at the same time, knowing Kara could use her x-ray vision if she had her powers back.

"Please. Please!", the woman sobbed. "He's exsanguinating into his chest. He'll bleed out, and go into shock and die in a few minutes.", Max said, looking at the man while Kara looked at Max, feeling more and more pain that she couldn't save him. Max got frustrated and stood up then took a couple of steps away. Once he left, Kara turned her back to Max, taking off her glasses. The woman followed Max, still sobbing.

"No. No. Please do something. No.", she sobbed as Kara was trying to use her X-ray vision on the man. "Come on. Come on. Come on.", Kara said with strain in her voice while Iris looked at Kara, knowing it wasn't going to work.

"Please. Please. Come on, come on. Come on!", Kara exclaimed. Iris looked at Max who was comforting the woman then looked back at Kara.

"Kara.", she said softly. "No. No, no, no.", Kara said all quickly. "Kara, look at me.", Iris said and she immediately looked back at her with pain in her eyes.

"Kara. Please stop.", Iris said and Kara started to softly whimper to herself, ashamed she couldn't save the man, but she put her glasses back on then looked back at Max.

"Just Do something! Come on! This can't be it!", Kara yelled at him. "We can't save him.", Max said. "No!", the woman exclaimed, pushing her away from Max. "Sorry.", he said and Kara looked back at the man, while her lips were quivering, just thinking to herself. "I couldn't save him."

CatCo

Cat walked into her office to see Barry was still struggling to connect the camera to a tv. "This is why I'm not nice to people. One compliment, and now you're coasting. What is taking you so long?", Cat asked. "Hey, I'm a forensic science. The last time I hooked up a live feed was for the high school science club, okay?", Barry said while stammering. "Well, the last time I did a live broadcast was to end my award-winning talk show. So, you and I are both returning to our roots.", Cat said before Barry accidentally broke off a wire from the tv.

"I broke something.", Barry said, looking at her while hold the broken wire and Cat looked at him slightly annoyed. "I'm so sorry, Ms. Grant. Uh. This isn't gonna work.", Barry said. "I normally would fire you and replace you instantly, but you don't work for me. So instead I will inspire you. Even I was like you once.", Cat said and Barry looked at her confused.

"You were a forensic science?", Barry asked. "Uh. No. I was, well I was a, um, sought-after media pundit and a celebrated magazine editor.", Cat said and Barry was still confused. "That's like me because-"

"Because before that, I was a humble wannabe journalist with the heart of a real journalist.", Cat said before pulling the cord out. "Now, there are-real stories out there-", She continued to say. "Um, that's not gonna help.", Barry said, taking the cord away from her. "and they're not getting reported because Maxwell Lord is sucking up all the air with his negativity. And Supergirl's not here to lift everyone's spirits. So I will. And you, humble forensic scientist, will rise to the occasion and help me save this city.", Cat said as Barry started to work on the camera again and then the feed showed up on the TVs behind Cat.

"Oh, oh, I did it! I did it!", Barry exclaimed before jumping up and down, pointing at the screens. Cat looked behind her and then back at Barry with a smile.

"You see, Darry? That's the story. Ordinary people like you, used to doing mundane and small things, finding themselves in the midst of a crisis doing something extraordinary. Heroes. Now, go find someone to do my makeup.", Cat said before sitting down. "Chop, chop.", she continued to say. "For the- Got it. Yeah, okay.", Barry mumbled before walking out of her office.