her darkest thoughts

CatCo

Mon & Iris quickly walked into Cat's office to see a bunch of camera equipment in there. "Ms. Grant, what's going on?", Mon asked then Cat sighed. "Supergirl has completely gone off the rails. And I have to publicly denounce her as a villain.", Cat said.

"Ms. Grant, Supergirl's not a- Not a villain.", Iris said. "That doesn't change anything.", Cat said before walking over to her desk. "People are in danger and the public needs to be warned.", she continued.

"Ms. Grant, look. I am sure that Supergirl is gonna be fine soon. But if you denounce her, it's not gonna matter. She'll have lost the city's trust.", Iris said. "She threw me off of a balcony. I fell 40 stories. I was a few feet away from splattering onto the pavement when she flew down and caught me on a whim. Now, I appreciate that you are trying to cure her, but at this moment, can you guarantee me that the public is safe? Can you guarantee that any of us are safe?", Cat asked and Iris internally groaned. "No.", Iris said.

"Citizens of National City, this is Cat Grant, live from Catco Plaza. As you all know, I have been Supergirl's most outspoken champion. So, you can imagine how difficult it is for me to tell you that I and Catco can no longer stand behind Supergirl. I made you trust her. I gave you my word that she was safe, a friend. I was wrong. Supergirl has changed. She is unstable and extremely dangerous. She threw me off of a building last night and threatened my life and- Who knows what else she is capable of? It's not easy being let down by our idols. Having someone who embodies our heroic ideals helps us believe that we can be heroes, too. Sometimes heroes fall. So, please, for your own safety, stay away from Supergirl."

Kara & Iris' Apartment

Iris walked in cautiously, wanting to talk to Kara, seeing if she'll talk some sense into her. "Kara?", Iris asked but then saw Kara standing on the edge of an open window. She turned around to face Kara to see her wearing a black body suit with the House of El symobol on the side, also in black.

"Hello, Iris.", Kara said as Iris slowly approached her. "Look, I picked out my own outfit without any fashion advice from you. This whole time you've pushed those dowdy sweaters and skirts on me, knowing they were hidious but didn't say anything because you wanted to cloak my beauty!", Kara exclaimed before using her heat vision on her old clothes.

"Kara!", Iris exclaimed before getting a fire exhinuster and putting out the fire as Kara laughed manically. "I needed a wardrobe overhaul.", Kara said and continued to laugh maically and Iris looked at her, taken back.

"Kara, this isn't you.", Iris said. "I'm more me than I've ever been.", Kara said.

"Please, listen. You were exposed to Red Kryptonite. It's altered your brain. You're not seeing clearly.", Iris said. "Oh, I see clearly! I see how you've always been jealous of me! You're jealous that everyone but you can fight properly because your the poor human with no abilities. I can fly. I can catch bullets with my bare hands. And that makes you feel worthless.", Kara said and Iris started to tear up.

"No. No, I'm proud of you.", Iris said. "And when you couldn't handle feeling so powerless, you started to work for the DEO, to try and retain some control.", Kara said before scoffing as Iris looked at her, starting to feel deppressed that Kara felt that way. "Those days are so over. I am finally free of you, and I'm ready to soar. Look at that city. They worship me. And those who don't, will.", Kara said and Iris sighed deeply.

"Kara, just listen to yourself.", she started to say. "Oh, cut the worried best friend act. We have never been best friends. Or been family. We don't share blood. And you know what the sad truth is? Without me, you have no life. And that kills you. Deep down, you hate me. And that's why you let Barry kill my aunt.", Kara said and Iris started to softly cry as a tear fell down her face. "Aww, did I make you cry?", Kara said as Iris sniffled. "You know what they say, the truth hurts.", Kara said before she faced the window to fly out. But Iris wanted her friend back so she tried to stop her by touching her shoulder. But Kara grabbed her arm and crushed it. Iris screamed in pain as she did, with tears flowing down her face.