saving kara

In Central City, Barry was watching tv while everyone was socializing with one another when the news interrupted what he was watching. "Are you seriou-", he started to whine.

"Breaking News: coma patient, Leslie Willis, has woken and calling herself Livewire, has taken two people hostage at CatCo. Ms. Cat Grant herself and a journalist, Kara Danvers."

Barry's eyes widened as he stood up, staring at the screen. "I have to go.", he said before storming out of the house. "What?", Iris asked as she stood up. "Barry? Where are you going?", Joe asked as he ran after him. Iris & Eddie walked over to the tv and saw the news.

"Oh, my god.", Iris said as she got out her phone but Eddie tried to put his hands on her, now that they were alone. "Stop it. That's my roommate.", Iris said before calling Alex. Then Joe came back into the house and slammed the door behind him.

"What happened?", Iris asked. "He was gone by the time I ran out there.", Joe said. "Of course he was.", Iris muttered. "What?", Joe asked. "Nothing!", Iris exclaimed with a nervous smile.

Barry got his suit and started to run towards CatCo but all he could think of was Kara. He too close than he wanted and now he might lose her, like his mother. He arrived at CatCo to hear whispers and saw a type of white lightning moving around. "Livewire. I know you don't want to hurt them.", Barry said and the whispering stopped. He looked around and saw two heads poke up from behind a desk. It was Cat Grant & Kara. Barry motioned to get down so Livewire wouldn't see them.

"Come on out, Livewire.", Barry said, standing in front of the desk. Then a strike of bluish lightning stroked in front of Barry, startling him a little but he wasn't gonna move.

"What do we do?", Kara whispered to Cat. "Nothing. Mr. Blur has it.", Cat said. "But Ms. Grant, we have to get help.", Kara said as Barry walked over to them and leaned down next to Kara. "Ka- this young lady is right, Ms. Grant.", Barry said. "Security.", Cat said and Kara & Barry looked at her confused. "Security is 20 floors down.", Cat said and they understood. "You. Take her to the elevator.", Cat told Barry and he nodded. "What about you Ms. Grant?", Kara asked. "I'll keep her busy.", Cat said as Kara & Barry slowly stood up. "Go!", she exclaimed and Barry quickly grabbed Kara and zoomed her to the elevator. He set her down on her feet and pressed the elevator button, making Kara almost pressed against the closed elevator doors.

"Get out of here.", Barry whispered and Kara looked into his eyes, wondering where she's seen them before. "..Who are you?", Kara asked and Barry slightly smiled. Then the elevator opened. Kara backed up into the elevator and stared at Barry.

"Stay away.", Barry said as the door closed. Then he looked back at the office to see Cat trying to run away from Livewire as she shot bolts at her, but continued to miss.

"Hey!", Barry yelled before zooming in front of Cat. But Livewire shot at Barry and right before he thought he would get shot, someone appeared in front of him, taking in the electric shot, grunting a little. Barry looked at who it was and it was Supergirl.

"SG?", Barry asked and Kara slightly looked at him before looking back at Livewire. "You don't have to do this.", Kara said as Barry looked at Livewire. "Let us help you.", Barry said and Livewire scoffed. "I'm good.", Livewire said before shooting at Kara. "Get her out of here!", Kara exclaimed as she was blocking the electricity with her cape. Barry nodded then grabbed Cat and zoomed her to her office, locking her in. Kara started to scream as it was getting difficult to hold back her power. Barry immediately zoomed at Livewire, knocking her to the ground so Kara would be okay.

Kara sighed in relief and looked at Barry, then smiled at him, knowing he helped her. "Thank you." He smiled back then he was suddenly getting knocked to the ground with electricity. Kara's eyes showed slight panic then she used her heat vision on Livewire, to make her stop. She backed up but all she felt was more power.

"Thanks. I was feeling a little depleted." Kara ran over to Barry, who was almost unconscious. "Blur. Come on, wake up.", Kara said shaking Barry. "Oh, poor Supergirl. You should probably stop trying because your partner is most likely dying.", Livewire said. Kara looked up at her and blew her out of the window with her freeze breath.

Then Kara looked back at Barry with worry in her eyes, as she cupped her hands in his face. "Blur...Blur...", Kara continued to call out but then she just slapped him and he woke up immediately, touching his cheek. "Ow.", Barry whined and Kara sighed. "Good. You're awake.", Kara said as she stood up and he stood up as well.

They walked up to Cat's office and opened the door. "You're safe now, Ms. Grant.", Kara said as Cat walked up to them with relief plastered across her face. "Oh, thank you."