(12) Allie's Box

A few weeks after Allie told her dad about the pregnancy her dad and her aunt Lisa were going through boxes that were in the loft part of the barn. Her aunt came across a box marked ALLIE GRACE and it was in Allie's handwriting.

He said "Hey Joe why would Allie have a box up here isn't this just suppose to be all of dad's stuff?"

Joe (Allie's dad) said "She shouldn't it's only suppose to be dad's stuff."

He opened the box and saw ballet slippers all of her ballet recital dvds her homecoming court dress crown and sash pictures from homecoming night and then at the very bottom of it was two scrapbooks that her mom helped her put together one was called "ALLIE GRACE"S BIG DREAMS" and the other one was called "MY DREAM WEDDING".

He said "Lisa do you have your cellphone with you?" She handed him her phone and called Allie.

Allie was asleep she was taking a nap while Bucky was working on his homework when he heard her phone buzzing. He saw that it said her aunt Lisa was calling so he answered it. "Hello." He said and he heard "Why are you answering my daughter's phone?"

Bucky laughed and said "She's taking a nap why what's up?"

Joe said "Well let's just say when you all come in this weekend to work on the wedding that she has something to answer to."

Bucky said "Ok I will tell her." They hung up and he looked at Allie who was barely starting to show especially when she didn't have on a shirt and thought oh Allie what did you do. He went back to doing his homework when he heard Allie talking in her sleep.

"Remember mama it starts at halftime don't be late. I have to go or I'm going to be late to the game." Allie says in her sleep.

In Allie's Dream:

"Ok honey I won't be late I will be there. You are going to win I just know it! I love you! Allie's mom says as they hung up the phone. Allie gets out of her jeep and goes to where the rest of the cheerleaders are. Then she gets into her homecoming dress with her aunt Lisa "Hey mom here yet? She said she would be here please tell me she's here Lisa." Allie says. Her aunt says "No Allie I'm sure she's on her way." They announce who all is on the court. Then they say "And your homecoming queen is ALLIE GRACE COOPER!" Cheers and applause all around her as she sees her mom didn't make it she sees her family so happy then she sees her dad on the phone and leaving the bleachers. Then he came back and whispered something in Lisa's ear and left. Allie cheered for the 2nd half. After the game her aunt Lisa comes over to her as she's getting ready to go change for the dance. "Allie honey your mom was in a car accident." Allie said "She's ok right I mean it's a just a fender bender." Lisa says "No Allie your mom isn't alright a drunk driver ran a red light and swerved into your mom's lane and hit her head on. I'm so sorry Allie but she's gone." "No no you are wrong Lisa she can't be gone she was ..." Allie got into her jeep and called her mom's phone "Come on mom pick up please pick up." she whispers to herself as she drives and her dad picks up her mom's phone "Allie?" Her dad squeaks out. She said "Dad please tell me that you are just holding mom's phone." He said "Allie you need to come to the hospital." Allie started to cry and said "No daddy please tell me that she is ok. Please tell me that she's going to be ok." He said "Allie Grace I can't do that." Allie goes to the hospital and finds her dad he says "Allie Grace come here." He takes her into the room her mom was in and she sees her mom all bruised and cut up. She screamed "NO MOM!!! NO wake up please wake up mom please I need you to  wake up....." 

"Allie dollbaby wake up wake up." Bucky shakes her awake once he realizes what she was dreaming about.

She woke up with tears and she was sweating he said "hey hey look at me it's ok you scared me you were talking in your sleep then you started crying and once you started screaming I realized what was going on in that pretty head of yours while you were sleeping."