Imagine #6

Y/N and Kenneth have always been best friends, everyone knew that. All of the dancers were close and great friends but out of that small group there were sets of friends that were closer than others. Sean and Julian were Kenneths wig-men and Kaycee was Y/Ns wig-woman. It was prom time, this year they all agreeded to instead of going to insta-prom they would go to the one in their school. Y/N was hoping Kenneth would ask her, he didn't, he meant to he could just never get the words out. It was the night of their first real school prom and they were all happy. Tati and Tahanni were going as friends and they were the first to arive at Y/Ns house and sit on the couch in their dresses. Sean, Josh, and Nat were next to show up, Sean was going with Kaycee while Josh was going with Nat. Gabe and Will were next they were just going to have fun with their friends. Last was Kenneth, he showed up and sat down on the couch next to Sean. "Dude weres Julian, Kaycee, and Y/N?" He asks looking around the room slightly upset that he would not be the one taking Y/N to prom enough though he was the one who had loved her since they were 8 years old. "Julian is sick, Kaycee and Y/N are upstairs getting ready because they had a sleepover." Sean explains holding the small plastic box which held a blue corsage to go with Kaycees dress. "Who's taking Y/N?" Gabe asks as he knew she had been asked and that was part of the reason why Kenneth had lost hope. "Trent, and I don't get why he gets to take her because he doesn't deserve her." He simply states and the boys were going to say something when they hear the door from upstairs open. "Mrs. L/N we're ready." Kaycee says giggling slightly as Sean and Kenneth stands up while the rest of the group just turns. They walked down the steps linking arms giggling and smiling while the two boys stood in awe and they group looked at their other best friends with smiles. When they made it down the steps they finally realized what they were laughing about, Y/N refused to put on heels so she was wearing plain white converses with her pale pink dress.

After taking serveral pictures they were all in their limo laughing and singing to serveral songs and Y/N checked her phone when it went off a few times. "Y/N where are we meeting Trent at?" Will asks when they get closer to the school knowing they would have to hang out with him even for a small time as Y/N was not the type to ditch her friends, date or no date, none of them were. "Uh, he says he'll be next to the balloon arch." She says reading what he had texted and they all nodded since they knew that it was a little bit after the enterence. As they get to the school they all set out of the limo and stand together. They walk through the doors paying for their tickets and head inside to the room blasting music. "Guys I'm going to go get Trent be right back." Y/N says smiling as she walks to the balloon arch not far away from where they were standing. "I hate this already." Kenneth says to the group slightly yelling to be heard over the loud blasting Cardi B. song. "We know. It's just tonight. It'll be over soon." Kaycee says smiling.

"How can you be so sure?"

"I just know Ken." Kaycee says with a reasurring smile that he eased in to and everyone knew what she was hinting at, Kaycee was her best friend if she was going to tell anyone who she liked it would be her. "Guys it's been like ten minutes what's taking her so long?" Gabe asks grooving to the music.

"I don't know you guys go dance I'll check on her." Kaycee says smiling but Kenneth grabs her arm and shakes his head. "No you have a date I don't need it ruined I'll go check on her." Ken says and Kaycee nods even though she didn't like the thought of not knowing what would be going on. Kenneth made his way over to the ballons to find Y/N sitting at the round table next to it looking down at her phone. "Hey there you are!" Kenneth says over the music making her jump and look at him. "Hey." She says

"We've been waiting for you."

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize I took so long." Y/N says standing up and setting her phone in her purse. "Come on." She says but Kennther grabs her arm pulling her back to him. "What's wrong, where's Trent?" He asks looking around trying to find the boy he was in evny of right now. "He stood me up. Let's just go dance." She says quickly but Kenneths face straightens. "He stood you up? He stood you up? I lost my freaking chance to tell you how I feel just for you to get hurt in the process?" Kenneth asks in anger not realizing what his words were telling Y/N as she grabs his arm in confusion. "Chance to tell me what?" She asks and suddenly it was like all moment of hestitation went out the door for him. "To tell you I love you Y/N it's not fair I sit here and I tell you how beautiful you are, and smart, and kind and this jerk can just walk right in and-"

"Ken shut up and kiss me." Y/N says and again without a moment of hesitation he presses their lips together. It was like a perfect mold that would take years to create, and in a way they did. "Yo!" The guys scream as they run over to embarrass and ruin the moment and Kaycee pulls her back. "Finally." Kaycee and Y/N say at the same time hugging.

~~~Authors Note~~~
Requested by:CrazyFan1138

YO! I'm so freaking sorry it took me so long! I've been swamped with work trying to keep my grades at bay but everything is up now and I have a lot of freetime so please keep requesting and I hope you liked.