Imagine #25

You sat on Kaycee's bed smiling at her while she sat in a chair in front of her mirror trying to tame her beautiful curls. You stared at Kaycee through the mirror with heart eyes, your love for this girl was so strong but you never let it interfere with your friendship. You're friendship came first, above everything, and you never wanted to loose her or make your friendship awkward for her because of your feelings. There had been many times when you swear up and down she was looking at you the same way but then it would all be taken away by some random act of kindness which she would give to someone else, which honestly made you love her even more.

"So how are your rehearsals going?" You ask tilting your head as the two of you make eye contact through the mirror. The two of you hadn't been able to see each other a lot due to her and Sean rehearsing for The World of Dance. "Honestly?" Kaycee asked with a slightly dampened voice as she turned to look at you letting her hair brush sit on her table. "Of course." You said with a chuckle and a nod. "I don't want you to lie to me. Then you wouldn't be Kaycee." You said shrugging your shoulders with a smile as you prepare to listen to Kaycee's words.

"It's great..it really is and the fact that I get to further my craft and get my name out there and get my career even further along..it's a dream come true." Kaycee said, her eyes made you want to melt, the way they lit up talking about her passion, but by how her voice drifted you could tell she wasn't done. "I can sense a 'but' coming along." You said and just like you imagined she carried on. "But, it's really hard. I love dance and I love he practice and I love getting to hang out with Sean, it's awesome getting to know him for what he is rather than just who he is on the dance floor. But he's a perfectionist.." Kaycee said looking down to fiddle with her fingers and you couldn't help the furrow of your eyebrows. "So are you..Did something happen?" You ask moving to the end of the bed so you'd be closer to the girl you'd loved for years.

"I'm just really scared and nervous, ya know? Sean wants it to be perfect, and so do I but what if I mess it up? If I mess up and get us thrown out of the competition that's not just my dream I'm hurting it's his.." Kaycee said looking down. She hated feeling like this, Kaycee was the poster child for happiness and acceptance and she loved that and she loved nothing more than being able to be happy and love herself along with everyone else, but for some reason everything was starting to get to her, and she wasn't just sure if it was because of the competition being on her mind or if it was something else.

"Kaycee, you're amazing. You're the best dancer I've ever seen, when you're on the dance floor my attention is just drawn to you, and it's not just because you're my best friend, it's because you have this beautiful happiness and passion that shows through in your dance. You just have to hold onto that throughout the competition and you'll be fine. And just trust Sean, he won't let you mess up, though I don't think that word is even in your vocabulary." You say with a small chuckle and the next thing you know your back was pushed into the bed due to the impact of Kaycee's sneak attack hug. You let a small groan come from your mouth along with a chuckle and Kaycee sat up slightly and then moved so she was beside you rather than on top of you. "Thank you. I really needed that." Kaycee said with a smile and you nodded with the same smile. "You're welcome, I'll always be here." And with that one phrase the room seemed to still. Kaycee had her head turned to you and you had your head turned to her. She stared into your eyes and then what surprised you was the fact that her eyes dropped, for a second, and if you hadn't been staring at her so intensely you probably wouldn't of caught it, but you did. You took that as your sign and you couldn't stop the butterflies when you started to lean in and she copied your motion. Then as soon as your lips were about to touch the door was opened. The sound of the door made you jump apart, Kaycee fell into her pillows and you slipped into the floor with a groan. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize..that..you..uhm..never mind, Kaycee you have more company." Kylie said smiling towards you and giving you a knowing smile. Kaycee and you both were breathing hard and had shock written all over your face. When you stood up she did the same and you met each other's eyes but said nothing. "I'm gonna head home. Uhm, I'll see you soon." You said with an awkward smile and you couldn't help but mentally scream at yourself, this is exactly what you didn't want to happen. Before Kaycee said anything you quickly walked out of the room and down the hall, when you made it to the living room Kylie sat with her parents while they whispered and you had a hunch you knew about what, you made it to the door to see Sean in the doorway. You couldn't help the small roll of your eyes when you walked past and you could see the confusion on his face. You and Sean had never been close but you had always been friends and now you were letting your jealously get in the way.

~~~Authors Note~~~
Requested by: Someone who wants to remain unnamed.

I hope you liked it! If any of you would like I have an idea for a part 2 so just comment or message me and I'll start writing it. Thank you guys for all the love on this book even though I haven't been that great with updating. HAPPY EARLY NEW YEAR!

{12.31.18}