Chapter 1: The Dream

Authors Note: Hey guys so this is my new Werewolf Romance and I hope you like it.

MESSAGE FROM THE FUTURE: THIS BOOK HAS NOW BEEN COMPLETED AND IS NOW BEING EDITED> At the beginning of each edited chapter will be a note stating the status of whether it has been edited.

Don't forget to Comment, Vote, and share.

Sincerely, ShadowHunter666 ;-)

This first chapter has officially been edited since the completion of Secret Puppy Love.

__________

-Kayla's POV-

The air was damp. Despite the cold water washing up on the shores before me, I was sweating. My skin seemed to become more porous by the second, ejecting all of the sixty percent of water that made up my body. The beach was beautiful today. Power waves made the time to greet me with the soothing sounds of crashing water as I walked passed. California has a sort of beauty that is impossible to replicate. Movies try, but they will never come close to the serene coasts before me.

"Kayla?" I turned, forcing myself to momentarily forget the alluring peace the water offered. A man stood behind me, only feet away. I gasped at the sight. His green eyes were captivating me, staring right through my soul as if he was looking at something other than a teenager relaxing at the beach, as they did every time I see them. For a moment the confident hazel eyes faltered, using his free hands to tousle his already disheveled brown locks. A sigh left him, leaving me breathless. It was not until he said my name again did I realize he was trying to tell me something. "Are you Kayla?" he asked. His voice was a melody I had never heard before, a new instrument that should be illegal to play based on the way it made me light headed.

I had to clear my voice of any lust building in my thoughts. "I'm Kayla." His shoulders relaxed, the tension leaving his body in a renewed sense of energy.

He took a step closer. "Thank god." He flashed me a smile that would drop a nun's panties at first sight. Soft hands found their way to my cheeks, cupping them. "I've finally found you." He closed his eyes and leaned forward, the small space between us dwindling at an alarming pace. I straightened up and--

The sharp sound of tearing metal cut through my ears. My heart beat sped and started to sail in dangerous waters. A scream broke its way through my lips, my scattered equilibrium causing me to fall out of the comforting walls of my bed. I scanned the room, searching for the thief that stole my precious moments of serenity from me. My hand reached out and threw my alarm clock towards the wall, successfully shutting it up.

The door to my room was being thrown open within seconds of the cessation of my blaring alarm clock. "Kayla?" My brother, Cedric, flung himself through the unlatched door, scanning the room for an intruder. "Kayla are you alright? I heard you scream." My heart beat was still erratic, it took several seconds before I was ready to use my battered voice once more.

"I need to get a new alarm clock," I sighed, giving my fretful brother a forced smile. A hard emotion clouded his face, his eyes searching the room once more before he believed the situation was solely regarding my alarm clock.

Cedric forced a laugh. "Oh sister, only a couple more weeks until spring break."

"Thanks," I rolled my eyes at the reminder of the hell I would need to endure before I could take a well deserved break. Cedric left me to get myself prepared for school, but he seemed reluctant to go. Since the day I was born, my brother has always hovered over me, never believing he was not needed. His irrational paranoia has become a natural routine in my daily life. Despite his flaws, he was right. My school will generously be giving its student spring break in a few weeks. It is one of the only thanks we get for putting in the hard effort and many sacrifices we make to maintain the increasingly low student drop-out rate.