Cold

Kara's POV

"Sa susunod ipapasok na natin yung kusina sa bahay." naiinis na sabi ni Ria.

Cesia and I exchanged looks. Pareho kaming nagpipigil ng ngiti. The girls were all ranting about the boys cooking outside.

Meanwhile, Cesia and I would interfere and constantly praise the boys for their efforts.

I mean they deserve it. All the foods were tasty.

"Where are you going?" tanong ko kay Dio. He was bringing a basket full of clothes.

"May laundry room ba dito? The boys and I didn't bring much clothes so we're going to take turns washing them." he shrugged.

Tinuro ko sa kanya kung nasaan ang hinahanap niya. The laundry room was just beside the comfort room.

"Thanks babe!" he gave me a wink before heading off to do the laundry.

"HOY ANONG BABE?!"

I closed my eyes as I heard Thea's voice behind me. Nilingon ko sila na napahinto ata sa hagdan nang marinig ang sinabi ni Dio.

"IIIIHHH!! BAABBEE!!" Paulit-ulit na tumili si Art.

"Guys.. wag na nating tuksuhin si Kara." Cesia spoke with a gentle tone.

Nagulat ako nang bigla akong hinatak ni Cesia saka pinaupo. With all of them surrounding me, I know there'd be no escape.

"So ano ba talaga yung pinag-usapan niyo sa trance?" tanong niya.

I gave them a poker face.

Are they serious right now?

"Kara!" Ria gripped my arm. She finally let go of me when I gave a sigh of defeat.

"It's unimportant. We just changed a couple of words. He admitted he may have let Eris take a toll on him. But.. we're fine now. Okay?" I assured them.

We didn't really have that much of an argument. After I asked him to talk to me, he said he was sorry and admitted everything. Ako naman, I listened to him the whole time because I wanted to understand him.

Needless to say, madali kaming nagkabati.

"ganun ba.." tumatango-tango si Art.

"OKAY!" tumayo si Ria. "That's enough. Maghanda na tayo. We'll be going to the temple of Zeus Basileus later!"

Pabalik na ako sa kwarto nang mahagilap ng mga mata ko ang isang bagay na nasa sahig. I looked at it closely and figured out it was a pair of jeans.

Dio must have dropped this.

On my way to the laundry room, I noticed the tip of the jeans were wet and slightly muddy. Hindi ito gaanong napapansin because of the dark color.

"Dio.."

Nilingon ako ni Dio na nakatayo sa harap ng washing machine.

"Who owns this?" itinaas ko ang jeans.

"Oh. I think that's Trev's. Suot niya yan kahapon. Don't you remember?" sagot niya matapos kinuha ang jeans mula sa kamay ko.

Okay. Now I remember him wearing it.

But I don't remember the ground being muddy and wet yesterday.

Unless he went somewhere else.

Sumingkit ang aking mga mata while coming up with reasons as to why he would sneak out while everyone was asleep.

Tsk.