Masterpiece

Ria's POV

Not much is known about this power that goes beyond the fabric of time and reality. Only chosen people from the realms get to wield this specific power.

To the underworld, it is a curse. The Curse of the Fates, because having possession of this means the Fates cannot control your destiny. To them, this purple electricity is the personification of the fabric of time, it's darker side, particularly. The world, as beautiful as it is, has a dark side and according to the deities, this power, is the source. The source of everything dark.

To the Heavens, it is a gift. The Gift of Chaos, they say. For when after Chaos brought everything to existence.. and before he completely disappeared, he left a part of him that is vulnerable to reality. That whoever holds it, holds a part of him, and thus, is fated to be the ruler of the realms and become the beginning of something big...

Nakangiti ako habang binabasa ang nakasulat sa libro ni Kara.

"Athena is helping you finish this, right?" tanong ko nang mabuksan ang mga pahina na wala pang laman.

Tinignan ko si Kara na nakahiga sa higaan niya. All this time, nakatitig lang siya sa kisame at panay ang pagbuntong-hininga niya.

Umupo ako sa tabi niya. "Hey..." mahina kong tugon. "Isa kang anak ni Athena... It shouldn't be that hard for you.. I know you."

Umupo siya saka tinignan ang libro. "I don't know if I can write a whole book about something so... unique."

"Seriously though.." natawa ako. "Why are you worried? Nandito lang kami. And also, kung may mga katanungan ka naman, there's Trev and Cesia. You do know they're the most reliable source of information about this Spectra thing?"

Tahimik lang siya kaya umurog ako at ipinatong ang mga paa ko sa higaan. I put a hand on her back to calm her nerves. "Relax, Kara. You have all the time in the world to figure out the rest of it.."

"But what if I don't have all the time in the world?" nag-aalala niyang tanong.

"What do you mean?" nakakunot ang aking noo.

"Ria... the chosen ones who have this power... they... they personify the beginning of something big..." sagot niya. Tumango ako at naghintay sa susunod niyang sabihin.

"Zeus and Hera.. they have it... they were the beginning of the reign of the Olympians.." dagdag niya. "Trev and Cesia... because of them, we're entering a time where mortality isn't a weakness anymore."

"Every realm has someone who holds this power Ria..." yumuko siya at tila nagdadalawang-isip kung itutuloy niya ba ang sinabi niya.

After a taking a few seconds to breathe, nagawa niya ring tignan ako.

"The heavens have it. The mortal realms do so too... but the Underworld..." umiling siya. "We don't know who holds it yet and he or she.. might be there... somewhere.. hiding in the shadows.. planning for the start of something.. maybe even bigger."

I let a bitter smile escape my lips. Kinuha ko ang kamay niya at ipinakita sa kanya ang marka.

"Remember Kara... We are the Omegas." paalala ko sa kanya.

"Whatever happens to the realms.."

"we will end it."

•••

Pumasok ako sa mechanical room at napatigil nang makita ang pinakamalaking painting na nakasabit sa pader.

"Papunta na sila." lumapit sa'kin si Thea. She was wiping off oil from her palms when I got to ask kung saan galing yung painting.

"Ah..." napatingin din siya. "Bigay yan ni Persephone bilang regalo... ewan ko ba pero sa Trojan War ata yan eh."

Lumapit ako para suriin ito.

"Is this Helen?" tanong ko at itinuro ang babae na umiiyak. She was sitting on the edge of her bed looking at the man standing near the door.

"You feel it too?" narinig ko ang boses ni Dio kaya umikot ako at nakita ang boys na nakatayo at nakiusisa na rin sa painting.

"Baka may sumpa yan ah." ani Chase.

Samantalang, napadako ang aking mga mata sa lalaking nakapamulsa at nakaangat din ang tingin.

Damn.

It's like he knows the story behind the masterpiece.

Did he paint this or what?

I sighed and clasped my hands para kunin ang atensyon nila. "Okay boys! Since nandito na kayong lima, I just wanna inform you all that we're going to pay a visit to Trophonius two days from now."

Pinaalis ko na sila pagkatapos. Syempre, hindi nawala ang reklamo ni Chase kung bakit kinailangan ko pang tawagin sila sa mechanical room eh pwede ko naman daw silang pagsabihan sa dorm pag uwi nila.

Well, I just told him I don't give a fuck at all. I do what I want and no one gets hurt.

Mayamaya, bumukas ang pinto at bumungad sa'min si Art. "Guys! Nakita nyo ba si Cal? Sabi kasi pinapunta sila rito eh-"

Napahinto siya pagkatapos makita ang painting.

"Eh?!" napakamot siya ng ulo at lumapit rito.

Hindi siya umimik at tinitigan yung painting. A few seconds have passed and I can see a gentle smile on her lips.

"What is it?" I asked, confused by her reaction.

"Wala..." with a cheerful smile, she faced me. "ang ganda lang kasing tignan.. at super amazing with a zee-!!" tumakbo siya papalabas habang tumitili ng "eeeeee!!"

Panandalian pa ngang nahinto yung tili niya dahil nadapa siya pero bumangon naman siya agad at nagpatuloy.

"Malala na talaga..." puna ni Thea.

Nagtinginan kaming dalawa and we bursted out laughing at the same time. We were in the middle of laughing hysterically when Kara and Cesia entered the room.

"Is this Persephone's gift? The one they were talking about?" Kara looked at the painting. "The one that makes you feel dizzy when you stare at it too long?" Kara took steps closer. "The one that they say, is painted by Hypnos using dreams?"

"Now that you mentioned it.." napatingin ulit ako. "it does feel like you're looking at a dream.."

Curiosity finally got a hold of me and before I knew it, my eyes trailed every corner of the painting.

I looked at the woman... isang kamay ang nasa pisngi niya, a gesture of wiping her tears.

She was wearing a white chiton.

With a steady pace, I walked closer... and closer...

and closer...

And in the end, I noticed something wrapped around her wrist.

A bracelet made of gold.

A familiar one.

I gasped and looked at the demigod standing behind us.

Her eyes were wide as an owl.

And that confirmed it.

It isn't Helen in the picture.

"Such a small world... isn't it Cesia?" nginitian ko siya.