Far from Home

Kara's POV

My presence was nowhere to be felt.

Not because of the four immortals gathered around me but because it has been several nights since Dio and Trophonius left for the ritual.

Nakatulala lamang ako habang nakaupo sa sala, pinipigilan ang sarili na puntahan siya.

I was starting to rethink my decision of letting him go alone when all of a sudden, the four gods began glowing.

I heard Apollo sigh. "The offerings are complete."

I cleared my throat and nodded. Kasabay nito ay ang pagtindi ng pag-aalala ko.

If the offerings are done, then that means the next step would be drinking water from the rivers of Lethe and Mnemosyne.

I keep reminding myself to trust him. But whenever I see him sitting on a chair, with his memories fading away, darkness surrounding him, I just feel worse.

Ngayon, wala akong ibang magawa kundi ang maghintay... at maghintay.

"What if one of the reasons that we lost was because we didn't help them during the war?" binasag ni Demeter ang katahimikan.

Kumunot ang aking noo nang marinig ang sinabi niya. "You mean to tell me that you didn't help us at all?"

Nagtinginan sila which obviously means that the answer is yes.

I shook my head and looked at the ground. "Unbelievable." bulong ko. "We fought and died for you yet you were just watching.."

I don't know how to react. Gusto kong magwala sa harap nila at isigaw sa kanila lahat ng pinagdaanan namin para lang mapapanatili nila ang kani-kanilang pwesto sa Olympus, bilang major gods, bilang Olympians.

Pagkatapos malalaman ko pa lang hindi nila kami tinulungan? All the blood on the ground was never enough for them to stand up from their thrones and do something?

"Don't get mad at us." ani Apollo.

"How can I not?" inangat ko ang aking ulo para tignan sila. "Maybe the rebels were right."

"You deserved to fall." dagdag ko.

From the corner of my eyes, Hera's hand was on its way towards my right cheek. Before she could slap me, however, I already got a hold of her wrist.

"I had faith in all of you." hinigpitan ko ang pagkakahawak sa kanya. "Yet you didn't even take a moment to see us as your children. You just watched us die for you and the others like we're some kind of pawns."

Marahas kong binitawan si Hera. "You're nothing but cowards." panghuli kong sambit bago tumayo at kinuha ang nakasandal na shield sa tabi ng pinto.

In this game of chess, we lost because the queen and the king do nothing but hide behind their soldiers.

Tsk.

Bitbit ang weapon ko, lumabas na ako ng bahay.

'Where are you going Kara?' narinig ko si Demeter sa aking isipan.

'Home.' sagot ko.

Mabuti na't ibang klase ng paghahanda ang gagawin namin ngayo't alam ko ang isa sa mga dahilan kung bakit kami natalo.

I was on my way to the cave when the ground started to shake. I managed to hide behind a huge boulder once I saw the groups of terrarians and one gigantes pass by. Magpapatuloy na sana ako sa aking paglalakbay kaso pumasok sa isipan ko ang apat na gods.