Genesis

Ria's POV

Nakaupo ako ngayon sa gitna ng conference table. Surrounded by the demigods I immediately embraced the moment Chase and I entered the Academy.

Art, Cal, Thea, Seht, Kaye, and Matilda.

Gods know how much I've missed them.

Tumigil ang aking mga mata kay Chase na nakaupo sa dulo, bakas ang pag-aalala sa kanyang mukha.

I wanted to comfort him. But how can I?

When everything that's supposed to end begins now.

"Focus Ria." binigyan ako ni Heather ng mahinang tapik sa aking balikat. I gave her a nod and faced front. An aurai walked in the room carrying a remote and immediately stood at one corner of the table. May pinindot siya at lumabas sa gitna ang hologram.

Hologram ng isang bulkan.

"The mist started gathering at the break of dawn. At 6 in the morning, the clouds began to surround the area. 12 pm, the volcano spew lava. At 3 pm, reportedly a hundred monsters climbed out of the volcano." she informed us in a matter-of-fact tone.

"How about now?" tanong ko.

She quickly pressed another button and the next I saw was black moving dots surrounding the volcano.

"An estimated half a million of giants, cyclopes and daemons alike." sagot niya.

"And ummm..." she paused to take a deep breath. "Some of the rebel deities are already out as well."

Tumango ako at ibinalik ang aking tingin sa hologram. It was obvious that they weren't moving. Nanatili lang sila.

Which means that they are waiting for us.

"Just how confident are they?" pabulong kong tanong.

Naunahan pa talaga nila kami sa venue. They must be overwhelmed now knowing that we're running late.

"Not too confident." nagsalita si Matilda.

Kumunot ang aking noo. "What do you mean?"

"Something happened while we were leaving the underworld. It felt like a part of their powers suddenly vanished." sabi niya. "They're weakened."

I nodded in return again. Umayos ako ng upo at nag-isip ng pwedeng masabi. Dahil sa totoo lang, kinakabahan talaga ako. I may seem like I'm not on the outside but deep inside, I just wanted to scream my lungs out.

Sa'n na ba kasi sina Kara? She should be the one here and not me. Siya pa naman ang marunong mag-strategy dito.

Gods. This is frustrating.

"I really have nothing else in my mind. I am a daughter of War and all I can say is to face them with what we have." sumandal ako sa aking upuan.

I give up.

"Ayy hala. Wag ka nalang mapressure Ria! Andito naman ako eh! Ako nalang titingin sa hologram at mag a-analyze." nakangiting tugon ni Art.

Binalikan ko rin siya ng ngiti. "You're always the best, Art." saka ako tumayo at dumiretso sa labas. Pumasok ako ng dorm at bumagsak sa sofa.

"Where the hell are they..." napaupo ako.

I was just wondering why Kara, Dio, Cesia and Trev aren't here yet.

Wala naman sigurong masamang nangyari sa kanila diba?

Dahil kung meron man, at magkakatotoo ang di inaasam-asam, hindi ko mapapatawad ang sarili ko.