From the Depths

Kaye's POV

I stayed near the window of the second floor, overlooking the huge army marching closer, led by Eris herself.

A shadow appeared in front of me. Though I wasn't startled dahil alam ko kung sino ito.

"Dad." bati ko sa kanya.

Tinanguan niya ako bilang sagot saka napatingin sa babaeng nakatayo malapit rin sa bintana.

Hmm.

Ako lang ba ang nakakapansin na may kakaibang kaganapan sa pagitan ng dalawang 'to?

Nakasingkit ang aking mga mata habang nakatutok kay Matilda.

"What?"

She must've sense my stare.

"Nothing." nagkibit-balikat ako. "Narealize ko lang na bagay pala kayo ng dad ko."

"A-ano?" nauutal siya.

Which means my daughter instincts are right. May namumuo ngang something sa kanila.

"I knew it." lumapit ako sa kanya. Samantalang siya naman, humakbang paatras. Namumula pa nga ang magkabilang pisngi niya habang nakatingin sa'kin.

"Kaye."

Napahinto lamang ako nang marinig ang boses ni dad. He was already standing behind Matilda and giving me a warning look.

"What? Hahaha!" I laughed my ass off. "You should see her face."

Lumapit siya sa'kin at ginulo ang buhok ko. "Stop it Kaye. Go down and help the others." utos niya.

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes and followed his order. While on the staircase, I decided to eavesdrop just out of curiousity.

"I'm sorry about that."

"It's fine."

"What is it?"

"I wasn't expecting her to laugh about this kind of issue. She's your daughter and daughters usually get all protective when their parent gets to a new.... a new relationship."

"She's not like any other child, Matilda."

"Ang swerte mo sa anak mo."

"And you were talking about me getting a new relationship. What about that?"

"HOY!"

Pinipigilan ko ang sarili ko na matawa at dali-daling bumaba. Sinalubong ako ni Demeter na takang-taka nang makita akong nakangiti.

"Something happened?" tanong niya.

Umiling ako at dumiretso kina Hypnos. May mga spirits siyang kasama. As far as I know, my dad called all of the spirits of the Underworld to help him protect his palace.

While listening to them, I kept thinking about what Matilda said.

'I wasn't expecting her to laugh about this kind of issue. She's your daughter and daughters usually get all protective when their parent gets to a new.... a new relationship.'

I'm actually not mad about it. In fact, masaya nga ako para sa kanila kung magkakatuluyan nga sila. And besides, they are both immortals which means they can be happy with each other for the longest time. I can't deny my dad's happiness nor his choice of love.

He is a god afterall. I know he can take care of himself and Matilda.

And Matilda is an oracle. She knows what to do whenever something comes up.