Chapter 5 "Hard Decisions"

"Why am I so afraid to lose you, when you are not even mine?"

As the days went by, Eli was more and more stressed about the Breach

As the days went by, Eli was more and more stressed about the Breach. She sleeps less than usually. She was, after all, the only chance of destroying the Breach, and if she was to fail, the whole Thedas would fall. She made her way out of her tent, outside the Heaven gates and sat on the stairs watching the Breach, which was the only light source out there. She let out a sign brushing her long fingers through the green mark on her palm.

-Can't sleep either?" a voice called out behind her, she turned to see commander strolling down the stairs to sit next to her.

-No." she said not looking up at him. She felt a little anxious sitting alone with an ex-templar. He was silent for a long time. And waited for the moment she broke the silence. "What happened to him? After I left" She asked looking up at commander. She didn't say who, but somehow he knew who she was talking about.

-Not long after you left, Meredith caught him smuggling letters between two mages back in the circle. The mages were to be made Tranquil, I haven't seen Samson ever since." He answered meeting her gaze. She looked away her expression didn't change though. "This is off the topic, but I swear your eyes weren't green back at Kirkwall." He said not moving his gaze off of her. She looked back at him smiling slightly.

-It was blue, after the explosion once I finally got a chance to look at myself in the mirror it was already green. I believe it's because of the mark. The colours do seem similar don't you think?" She asked looking intensely at him. They looked at each other for a few moments until Cullen nodded and looked back at the Breach.

-It does." He agreed. "Why did you leave?" he asked. "Kirkwall I mean." He quickly added seeing her confused expression.

-Mages weren't safe back in Kirkwall. I had to leave." She murmured. "and Samson didn't want me there any longer." She admitted sadly.

-Can't imagine why."Cullen said suddenly, almost immediately realizing what he said. He looked away and scratched his neck nervously. She smiled sadly at his sudden words, feeling a little more relaxed.

-I hid the fact that I was a mage from him. The moment we met he told me how much he wanted to be a Templar. And so I never told him who I truly was. After the night back in Kirkwall, when I taught you to dance." She smiled looking back at him. "Hawke showed up at my doorstep with wounded Anders, and I was the only one who could help him. I didn't release that Samson was in the same room, and after Hawke and Anders left... he told me to leave, or he would have reported me to the Templars. He said 'it is my duty to oppose all you are'." she frowned her brows. "So I left.. strange isn't it? He threw me out of his house once he found out who I was, but afterwards he helped a mage back in the circle. "

-He saw how bad things were back in Kirkwall, and so he wanted to help the mages. Sadly it didn't work out for him." He signed. "I should go back and try to sleep a bit, so should you, Herald." He said standing up and offering his hand to her.