Chapter 22 "Like day Like night"

Her long fingernails coloured in black were clicking against the wooden table as she grew impatient every passing minute. He was late and she hated when someone kept her waiting especially now. She heard doors opening behind her and after the second closing with a thud, he walked past her placing his papers on the table as he stood now in front of Eleanor, her eyes fixed on the map laying on the table.

-Forgive me for being late. Laelia asked me to show around the place and afterwards, we went for a ride. She still knows how to handle her horse, almost beat me in the race back to the castle." he grinned looking at the women around him. Josephine saw Eli's face going cold again. She looked like about to explode the place into pieces. However, Cullen didn't seem to notice. That or he was trying to take the revenge on his Inquisitor. 

-Here I thought she was here to keep an eye on the Wardens not distract my advisors from their duty." She said with a hint of hatred towards the Hero. Eli's arms made their way to her chest crossing in a ladylike manner making even Josephine jealous how smooth Eleanor could be when she wanted to. She was wild at the times but more important she was still a noble and didn't stop herself from showing it. 

-Inquisitor, with all due respect there's nothing important happening at the moment, few missed minutes from the meeting won't do any harm

-Inquisitor, with all due respect there's nothing important happening at the moment, few missed minutes from the meeting won't do any harm." Cullen was trying to place his hand on the sword like he always does but completely failing as to there was no sword hanging there.

-Nothing important?" Eli raised her voice as Josie and Leliana exchanged a look between. "So a mad Magister running around destroying the world is nothing important to you?!" The torches that were light up in the room died out leaving them in the sunlight. The room became cold and the places where her hands were placed on the table turned blue. Eli saw him trying to place his hand on his sword again forgetting that there was none. "Where the fuck is your sword?"

-I probably left it in Laelia's room." Josie's eyes shot to Cullen at his words.

-Leave. Now." Eleanor gritted her teeth. She was looking towards the commander, however, Josie and Leliana knew that the command was for the two. Once they were out of the sight Eli made her way slowly towards the commander saying one word with her every step. "Why were you in Her room?" her voice was much quieter than before but no much calmer.

-We were walking around when she suddenly said she has forgotten something and offered me to come with her

-We were walking around when she suddenly said she has forgotten something and offered me to come with her. I saw no harm in it." he scratched his neck.

-And you took your sword off because?" Eli motioned towards the empty place where his sword used to hang. Cullen's brows furrowed as he stepped closer lowering his head a little.

-I don't have to explain myself to you." She froze to his words then as quickly as she did her face turned into the neutral expression as she stepped backwards gracefully as ever making Cullen regret his words immediately.

-No of course you don't, Commander." she turned around to walk when he suddenly grabbed her arm pulling her back.

-Ella..."

-Don't. Touch. Me." Eli tried to pull her arm out of his hold but he only pulled her back pushing her against the war table. Eli gasped finding it hard to move when he trapped her in between his body and the table. All it took for Eleanor to get away was a light push with her hand while using force magic and Commander stumbled backwards hitting the wall behind him. Once he regained his posture Eli was gone.  Inquisitor made her way out of the war room. "No meetings today, Josephine. I'm leaving Skyhold in an hour, make sure my family has a nice stay while I'm gone."

She heard screams coming from down the Skyhold's garden when she ran up to the place she saw Dorian standing in the corner her now nearly grown up wolf growling at him. She grinned finally getting some positive emotions. 

-Sapphire, come here." the wolf immediately made her way to stand next to the Inquisitor.

-What in the world is this thing?" Dorian exclaimed brushing his coat.

-She has been here over a month now and it's the first time you've seen Sapphire?" Eleanor asked raising her brow seeing as Dorian shakes his head. "Get ready to leave in an hour, Dorian." Sapphire followed Eleanor'every step back to her chambers growling a little at the sign of Cullen.

///////////////////////////////////////

The sand was starting to piss her off as it kept on getting in her mouth whenever she spoke it's been a week since she left Skyhold and her mood hasn't changed ever since. She was still angry at Cullen and his friend that was now living among them. Sand wasn't the only thing bothering her at the moment, once the fort was in sight a foul smell hit her nose and Eli immediately covered it with her sleeve. 

-You smell that?" Eli frowned her brows at her best friend, Champion of the Kirkwall who was rolling her eyes at her.

-I've been smelling it for the past 20 minutes while you made your way slowly here."

-I fear they've already started the ritual." Stroud interrupted the two women. Hawke stepped forward.

-Blood magic, I'd wager. You can smell it... or see the corpses." Hawke motioned towards the pile of dead people. "You take the point. I'll guard your backs." Eli nodded fixing her glove as she made her way up the stairs. It was disgusting to watch. Grey Wardens sacrificing themselves to summon demons. A man standing at the back of the building.

-Inquisitor, what an unexpected pleasure. Lord Livius Erimond of Vyrantium, at your service." A pale man bowed his head while smirking with his unusual pearl white teeth.

-You are no Warden." Stroud exhaled in both anger and surprise. 

-But you are." Erimond signed furrowing his brows. "The one Clarel let slip. And you found the Inquisitor and came to stop me. Shall we see how it goes?" Eli smirked, she loved when people underestimated her but in the end, always learned their lesson. 

-Looks like you've already done some of my work for me. I guess you are one of Corypheus's favourites. I wonder how he will react once I'll snap your little neck." Eli was smirking while playing with a strand of her hair. Erimond proved that the Wardens were completely in his control and there was no way to change their minds. Eli liked a little challenge.

-They did this to themselves. You see, the Calling had the Wardens terrified. They looked everywhere for help." Erimond placed his hands behind his back. Something nobles were very used to.

-In desperation, they turned to the Imperium." Stroud shook his head in disapproval.

-Yes, and since it was my master who put the Calling into their little heads, we in the Venetori were prepared. I went to Clarel full of sympathy and together, we came up with a plan..." He was cut by Eleanor. 

-A demon army why am I not surprised. Couldn't come up with something more original?" Eli rolled her eyes in annoyance.

-Well, then, here you are." Erimond stated. Eli was tired of him talking, cutting him in the middle of the conversation.

-Release the Wardens. I won't ask twice." She didn't expect him to use the same magic as Corypheus once did, when she was suddenly grabbing a hold of her arm in pain. However, he did the same mistake as his master did before. Talking too much. Eli raised her marked hand opening the rift above them with a thud that sent Erimond flying backwards.

-Kill them! Kill them all!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////