Chapter 11 "The Assassin to Catch" part 2

"Don't trust everything you see. Even salt looks like sugar."
🌌🌌🌌

Morrigan wasn't the nicest person Eli has met, perhaps because they were quite similar

Morrigan wasn't the nicest person Eli has met, perhaps because they were quite similar. At least that's what Leliana said, shortly before bringing the two women together. Their chat wasn't too pleasant but at the end Morrigan handed inquisitor a key, asking for her help to save the Empress before it was too late. Once they finished talking, Eleanor moved straight towards the place which she thought the key should unlock.

-Where are you going?" Cullen grabbed her arm.

-Morrigan gave me a key, I think I know what it opens." She hung her head.

-Dressed like this?" he asked, she narrowed her eyes.

-Oh right." She said removing the skirt of her dress exposing leather leggings and a dagger hanging onto her thigh. "Here keep it safe until I'm back." He watched her in shock, eyes widening.

-Wait, what am I supposed to do with a skirt? Everyone will be suspicious if I will walk around with a skirt in my hands." She gave a half shrug turned around and gave him a dismissive wave of her hand.

-I don't know you're the commander, figure something out." She left him to stand alone in a room full of all kind of statues.

-Hello, commander, do not hide from me. I saw you heading this way." A female voice echoed in the hallway. "Ahh there you are, admiring the art of the Winter Palace?" one of the women that spoke to him before, asked.

-I.. uhh... Yes, quite a collection they have." He said as she gasped looking towards statue that was standing out from the others.

-oh my, to think the Orleasens even dresses their own statues." She said pointing at the one that had Inquisitor's blue skirt on. Cullen scratched his neck in a nervous manner.

-Shall we uh... Head back to the ballroom perhaps?" he asked leading her towards the door.

///////

After an hour or so, Cullen noticed Eleanor stepping through the doors back in the ballroom

After an hour or so, Cullen noticed Eleanor stepping through the doors back in the ballroom. "I'm afraid your skirt is not available at the moment." He said once she stood next to her advisors.

-What are we going to do?" Josephine asked changing the subject.

-You three stay here, I will have a chat with the Grand Duchess." Eleanor walked passed them making her way up the stairs where the assassin stood.

-We own the court one more show, your Grace." Eleanor said as people started gathering around. She turned to look at the Inquisitor raising her brows in question. "The eyes of every noble in the Empire are upon us, your grace. Remember to smile." She held up her hands. "After all this is your party. You wouldn't want them to think you had lost control." The Duchess stepped back faking a smile.

-Who would not be delighted to speak with you, Inquisitor?" Duchess brushed her palms together.

-I seem to recall you saying, 'All I need was to keep you out of the ballroom long enough to strike' am I right?" Eli started circling around the Duchess' hands behind her back. "When your archers failed to kill me in the garden, I feared you wouldn't save me the last dance with your grace." The empress tilted her head towards them. "It's so easy to lose your good graces. You even framed your own brother for the murder of a council emissary." The inquisitor crossed her arms on her chest smiling mischievously towards the Duchess. "It was an ambitious plan. Celene, Gaspard, the entire council of Heralds... all your enemies under one roof." Inquisitor shook her head toying with a lock of raven black hair tucking it behind her ear.

-This is very entertaining, but you do not imagine anyone believes your wild stories?" Duchess smiled nervously.

-That would be a matter for a judge to decide, cousin." Empress stepped into the conversation. Duchess jerked towards her brother with pleading eyes.

-Gaspard? You cannot believe this! You know I would never..." she trailed off watching her brother turn to leave. "Gaspard?" two of empress guards walked down the stairs. Eleanor picked at her nails not bothering to look at lying Duchess.

-Funny how foolish you were to think that you could have tricked me, your grace. You lost this fight ages ago, you're just the last one to find out." Eleanor said stepping aside to allow the guards to take Florianne. Eleanor was tired of all this and didn't bother herself with pleasantries cutting the show short. "Empress, I think we should speak in private. Elsewhere."

//////////

-I got your skirt

-I got your skirt." Cullen came to stand next to inquisitor in the balcony. She turned to see him smiling down at her with the skirt that she handed him a few hours ago. She chuckled shaking her head.

-You're impossible." She rolled her eyes. "I don't think that I will need it, the night is nearly over."

-You'll need it for the last dance." He offered. Once she turned to face him, he slid the skirt over her head adjusting it to the right position. He rested his hand on her lower back pulling her closer, inches away from each other's lips.

-May I borrow a kiss? I promise. I'll give it back." She whispered connecting her lips to his. Felt like an eternity since they last done it. Once they pulled away, she rested her chin on his chest as they started moving in a slow motion. 

//////////////////

//////////////////

Author's note:

Back in Dragon Age Inquisition on the mission "Wicked Eyes and Wicked Grace" I hoped for the Inquisitor to at least wear a proper dress, I understand she is a fighter and so on, but she is also a lady and a guest at the ball. So I decided to make things more interesting in the story. I hope you enjoyed. No offence to the girls who prefer pair of pants instead:)))))

Vote❤

Comment❤

Share❤

Thanks for reading❤