Chapter 10 "The Assassin to Catch"

"Your fingers entwined slowly with mine, and suddenly, life made sense

"Your fingers entwined slowly with mine, and suddenly, life made sense."

-Well well, who could've thought that black is not the only colour that suits you

-Well well, who could've thought that black is not the only colour that suits you." Dorian grinned looking Eleanor over. She mimicked a graceful bow.

-But I think we can all agree that black describes my soul perfectly." She said pursing her lips.

-True words never been spoken." Dorian murmured as Cassandra walked to stand with them, with an obvious displeased expression on her face. "Now now seeker what's with the grumpy face? The night is still young but your face looks ten times older with this kind of expression."

-Must I wear this stupid mask Inquisitor? "Cassandra whined trying to adjust her mask to a correct place. Eli smiled.

-I'm afraid Inquisitor I will have to interrupt your little chat. This is when we make an entrance." Gaspard said offering his arm for her, which she gladly accepted. "Your advisors are already waiting, milady. I must admit, you look dashing, Inquisitor."

-And now presenting, Grand Duke Gaspard De Chalons. And accompanying him Lady Eleanor Myra Trevelyan of house Trevelyan in Ostwick." A man spoke as Eleanor and Gaspard made their way down the stairs into the ballroom. They stopped only for a moment bowing for the Empress. "Vanquisher of the rebel mages of Ferelden." He continued. "Crusher of the vile apostates of the mage underground. Champion of the blessed Andraste herself!"

-I must admit this man writes better fiction than Varric does." Eli smiled letting Gaspard lead her towards the Empress.

-Accompanying the Inquisitor, Ser Cullen Stanton Rutherford of Honnleath. Commander of the forces of the Inquisition. Former Knight-Commander of Kirkwall." She felt Cullen's eyes on her but resisted looking towards him.

-If I may ask Lady Inquisitor." Gaspard whispered into her ear. "May I have the first dance afterwards?" She nodded smiling towards him, flush crept up her face.

-Cousin, my dear sister." Gaspard greeted the two women in front of them.

-Grand duke. We are always honoured when your presence graces our court." Empress smiled.