Chapter 27 "Temple of Mythal"

"Hurtled into chaos you fight and the world will shake before you"

The nights were longer than usual for a few past days. Mainly because of all the distress she saw on her people faces. Josephine doesn't leave her office until she is drained off energy, writing letters to Inquisition alliances, asking for help from all the Thedas. Leliana planing all the small attacks weakening the red templars while Cullen marches with the Inquisition forces towards the Arbor Wilds. Eleanor wasn't just stressed but also mad about this decision. She asked him, begged him to wait and travel with her instead. Inquisition soldiers will be alright without you, she said watching as he grabbed his shield fastening it on his back. Nothing that she said could stop him and she didn't want to give the order to stay. She couldn't do that to him. Watching her lowering her sad eyes in defeat Cullen walked up to her. With one hand he gently held her chin forcing her to look up to his golden eyes. I'll be fine, Ella. This was his last words to her that night, but of course, he didn't leave before giving her one last kiss. Now its been four days since that night and now it was her turn leave Skyhold. Dressed in her full armour, Eleanor was staring at the window until everyone else will be ready. A gentle knock at the door brought her from her thoughts as she called out for the person to come in. Dagna quickly made her way upstairs, breathless she gave a little bow. 

-Inquisitor! I almost forgot to give you this!" Eleanor furrowed her brows looking at the round object in dwarf's hand.

-What's this?" she asked taking it in her hands.

-Commander Cullen and I found a way to weaken Samson, Inquisitor." Eleanor raised her brow being completely blown away with her words. "Commander didn't want to tell you about it before we actually find a solution so he asked me to keep this a secret. He said that you have a past with Samson and didn't want to trouble you without a reason." 

-You should have told me, Dagna. I didn't give out orders to find Samson's weaknesses." She said with an angry expression on her face. Seeing as Dagna lowered her eyes looking a little distressed Eleanor sighed. "However, I should be thankful for your hard work. I'm sure this will be helpful. Thank you, Dagna." she turned around placing the rune in the bag. "Just make sure you never work behind my back again, dismissed." Once she was left alone again, she felt her heartbeat increase. Samson was already there, following the orders like a lost puppy. Eleanor was sorrier for him than angry at him. She knew a day will come when she will need to face him again, it was only a matter of question when. Taking her backpack she made her way outside her room meeting everyone in the throne room. "Come on guys, no time left to lose."

////////////////////////////////

It was midnight when they finally arrived at the camp in Arbor Wilds. Everyone went to their tents to rest for tomorrow while Eleanor made her way towards Commander's tent. It wasn't anything special, slightly bigger than the ones soldiers had with a desk in the middle and a bed behind it. Of course, he wasn't sleeping. Standing back faced the entrance he was looking over the map.