Chapter 23 "Come back with me"

"Don't depend too much on anyone in this world. Even your shadow leaves you when you're in the darkness."

The dawn was cold and stormy as Inquisition's army marched towards the Adamant fortress

The dawn was cold and stormy as Inquisition's army marched towards the Adamant fortress. Eleanor always admired Grey Wardens, they were brave and heroic in her eyes. She remembers when she promised her little brother to bring him here once. He, just like her, adored the wardens. But now she was here not for a visit, she was here to stop them from killing themselves. In their eyes, however, they were still heroes, saving the world, what they didn't know was that they were helping to destroy it. Once the gates to the fortress were blown out she, Cassandra, Blackwell and Varric stepped in, behind them commander with a few of his soldiers.

-All right, Inquisitor. You have your way in. Best make use of it." Cullen called out grabbing her arm to turn her towards him. "We'll keep the main host of demons occupied for as long as we can." Eli shook her head.

-I'll be fine. Just keep the men safe!"

-We'll do what we have to, Inquisitor

-We'll do what we have to, Inquisitor. Hawke is with our soldiers on the battlements. She's assisting them until you arrive." She nodded. Cullen's head shot up to a falling inquisitor soldier, a demon behind him. "There's too much resistance on the walls. Our men on the ladders can't get a foothold." Cullen groaned watching her face frown. "If you can clear out the enemies on the battlements, we'll cover your advance." He said jogging back to his soldiers. Eli turned around facing her team and rolled her eyes.

-No, it's okay Cullen." She faked a sad voice. "I'll be fine don't worry Cullen." She continued as everyone started laughing. "Enough, what's so funny?" she snapped as everyone went quiet. Then she smiled in one of her mischievous smiles and added. "Let's send those fucking demon assholes back to where they came from."

///////////

The way to the Warden Clarel wasn't easy to get through but once she did her heart sank to the bottom as she saw the view. She wasn't fast enough as she saw yet another body falling dead.

-Stop them! We must complete the ritual!" Erimond shouted pointing towards the Inquisitor, her companions were about to march towards the wardens when she suddenly raised her hand to stop them. Her face was in cold expression as she walked towards the wardens alone stopping just a few steps away from them.