Chapter 17 "Goodbye My Lover"

"Today my forest is dark. The trees are sad and all the butterflies have broken wings."

Eleanor groaned at the sound of someone calling out to her when she suddenly felt her hands losing up

Eleanor groaned at the sound of someone calling out to her when she suddenly felt her hands losing up. She touched her now sore wrists from being tied up the whole night. Opening her eyes she saw Samson packing his stuff. His face tired from the restless night, under eyes even darker than before. Whenever he came any closer she felt this sickening sensation in her stomach. He wasn't wearing his usual armour with the crystal attached to his chest, however, that didn't stop him from caring a smaller one inside his pocket. It had an effect on her as if she was turning crazy every time he came closer. As if she couldn't think straight when he was close.

-No royal breakfast for my lady I'm afraid." he smirked looking down at her. She didn't say anything removing the ropes around her legs and standing up. Samson didn't give her any time to stretch a little as he took a chain and attached it on them both. Eleanor had no chance to escape now. "It's not that far away now. We should be there by the nightfall." her heart sank at his words. The last day of her life will be spent with him, the person she once loved. The person who was now a monster. She looked at his hip, a sword attached there was reflecting the sun but with the little view of it she saw that it was in an unusual colour. Black. She quickly grabbed it pulling it a little to see if that was the sword she once gave him. The moment she touched it he grabbed her hand pulling her towards him a little. "What do you think you're doing?" he hissed as she rolled her eyes.

-Is that my sword?" she asked motioning to the black steel attached to his hip. He released her hand and turn around walking, pulling her with him. 

-It might be."

-I can't believe you still have it." She murmured still looking down at the sword.

-You said you will come back for it, so I kept it safe." He adjusted the sword holding it close to his side.

-And I did until you threw me away."

-You think I don't regret it!" Samson snapped facing her. "I couldn't sleep that night and the first thing in the morning I was looking for you all around Kirkwall." She turned to look anywhere but him failing completely as he grabbed her arm and turned her back to him. "The fact that I couldn't find you were eating me inside out."

-Then maybe you shouldn't have thrown me away."

/////////////////  <Few years ago>