Chapter 6 "My Lionheart"

"The devil whispered in my ear 'you are not strong enough to withstand the storm' Today I whisper in the devil's ear 'I AM THE STORM"

Cassandra and Cullen weren't too happy with the decision Eleanor has made. Mages were now allies to the inquisition having their own corner in the Haven they looked happy, free from the Tevinter. However, the Templars were more aggressive than ever and chancellor Roderick has used it to his advantage more than once now. She stood as the brisk morning settled within the place with the commander by her side. The sky was pale blue, reminding her of the days back in Ostwick when she used to wake up with her sibling before her parents did and go for a swim in the lake not far away from their home. However, she didn't enjoy the early mornings any longer, unlike the person standing next to her. She was slumped against the brick wall with her eyes half shut. He chuckled looking over at her nudging her shoulder lightly.

-I didn't know I was so boring." He joked looking as she pulled away from the wall to stand straight moving her hair away from her face.

-Nonsense Commander, I just love early mornings standing, speaking to you and waiting for the others to get their asses out of their beds." she said sarcastically looking up at him. He laughed, shaking his head and gazed out to the distance before speaking again.

-Are you nervous?" he asked, and it was her turn to nudge his shoulder now.

-What wrong could happen closing a huge ass hole up in the sky?" she asked. He signed noticing how she always hid her fear with jokes.

-Sarcasm. One day it will get you into trouble." He said she placed her hands on her hips fully turning towards the Commander.

-Well, then it's a good thing I have a commander to protect me." She winked walking downstairs towards the mages who were now ready to march to the temple.

//////////

Once she was close enough to the Breach her mark light up sending slight pain through her arm, nothing she couldn't take though. She raised it up to her, watching as the lights flickered around her long fingers and then her gaze moved up to the Breach her heart pounding faster than usual. She looked to the side nodding for Solas to start.

-Mages! Focus past the Herald. Let her will draw from you!" he shouted turning towards the mages who stood on the collapsed walls of the temple. She felt the rush of energy sinking into her. It felt almost overwhelming, something like when she saved her brother by using her foreign power back in Ostwick. She could almost feel the magic pulsing around her and it felt so satisfying. 'Breathe in, breathe out' she murmured to herself just as her mentor taught her. She stepped forwards rising her hand up in the air towards the Breach as the line of green lights broke off from her palm and the Breach closed with thud yet again pushing her back a few steps.

////////////////

-Aren't you going to celebrate Trevelyan?" a voice called out behind her as she stood watching men and women from the village drinking and dancing next to the fireplace

-Aren't you going to celebrate Trevelyan?" a voice called out behind her as she stood watching men and women from the village drinking and dancing next to the fireplace. Her stomach growled at the sight of the food and pain rippled through her core. 'Not again' she thought. Her gut twisted as an uneasy feeling settled over her. She felt as if something wasn't right.

-Something is off, Dorian." She murmured to the mage standing next to her. "I don't know what but something is coming and believe me it's too early to celebrate." He placed his hand on her shoulder pointing up towards the mountains.

-Do you see that?" he spoke as a little light flickered up in the mountains, then another and another after, until there were hundreds of lights and the horn ring off in Haven. Dorian suddenly grabbed her hand pulling her down to the gates.

-Cullen?" she asked standing in front of the commander who was giving orders to the soldiers. He turned to her.

-One WatchGuard reporting. It's a massive force, the bulk over the mountains." He spoke pointing to the mountains.

-Under what banner?" Eli asked furrowing her brows.

-None." He simply answered not moving his gaze off of the mountains.

-None?" she asked confused. A loud thud was heard behind the gates as a young man asked for them to let him in. When she chose to recruit the mages instead of the Templars she never expected them to join with Corypheus.

-Maker." She breathed out, looking towards a cliff where Corypheus stod. But it wasn't him that shocked her. "Is that..?" she trailed off unable to believe her own eyes.

-Samson." Cullen said stepping next to her. He was the first to recover from the shock when he grabbed Eli by her shoulders to turn her around. "Haven is no fortress if we to withstand this monster we must control the battlements. Get out there and hit that force, with everything you can." He motioned towards a trebuchet once he released her he draw his sword turning to the others. "Mages, you have a faction to engage them. That is Samson he will not make it easy." Eli flinched at the name. "Inquisition! With the Herald! For your lives!" he shouted raising his sword high above us, as all the soldiers cheered. Eli was about to head out when she felt someone grabbing her by her arm pulling her back. "Be careful." He said releasing her. She nodded feeling anxious.

////////////////////

Eleanor never expected an Arch-demon to show up. She knew it was her, Corypheus wants and it was her to make the decision to stay and blow out the mountain. She felt horrible as she laid on the cold ground, water dripping on her forehead as it fell from the holes in the cave she laid in. She doesn't know how she managed to stand up, to walk and moreover to find a way out as she was walking down the mountain snow reaching her knees. Her thin leather armor didn't help at all in the coldness as she shivered stumbling and falling on her side. Eli didn't feel her hands or legs but somehow she stood up again only to fall on her knees once more. She knew this was it, and smiled at the warm face of commander when she saw him. She thought she was imagining things when she felt his heavy coat wrapping on her shoulders, as she murmured small nothing to him, he hushed her pulling her up in his arms. She wrapped her hand around his neck looking up at his concerned face and smiled.

-If you are real you should be very annoyed with me." She murmured. "this is what, the second time you are carrying me?" she asked feeling her neck going numb.

-The third." He said looking down at her. She couldn't hold her head any longer and placed it against his chest. She felt her eyes closing and before she fell to slumber she murmured two words to him that made his heart hammer.

-My Lionheart."

////////////////////////

Author's note:

OK, so I'm not too happy with my fanfic so far. When looking for a fanfiction to read about Cullen I usually want it to be different from the game, at least a little bit. However, so far it had been pretty much the same. I will try, however, to write as many scenes that weren't in the game as I can.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! if you did feel free to vote or even leave a comment:)))