Chapter 24 "Eluvian"

"Don't trust anyone until they can prove that they can be trusted."

There she was laying on the couch in her room in front of now cold fireplace however she wasn't cold laying in the embrace of her dear commander

There she was laying on the couch in her room in front of now cold fireplace however she wasn't cold laying in the embrace of her dear commander. His chin on top of her head as her face was buried in his chest. Legs entwined and his hand around her body holding her close. There was so little place however it still felt comfortable. She moved her head from under his chin so that she could see his face and placed her palm against his cheek. His hair was messy and she loved every bit of it. Brushing a few strands away from his forehead she noticed his eyes slowly open and his golden orbs staring right into hers. She couldn't decide what it was she was feeling, however, she didn't want it to stop. She could feel herself drowning in his eyes. Cullen's hand that was resting on her waist pulled her even closer burying his face into her warm neck. A smile played on her lips until she felt his lips against her neck making her heart flutter. Eli felt a gasp leaving her lips when Cullen left a love mark on her neck just below her chin. She quickly pushed his chest hearing his husky laugh playing in her ears.

-Cullen." She groaned seeing a proud smile on his face.

-Good morning to you too, Inquisitor." he grinned kissing her forehead. This was perfect she thought. It felt like there was no war outside her room, no mark on her hand. Just him and her, two souls that fell in love. Two human beings seeking each other's embrace. "I've never felt anything like this before I met you." he murmured brushing her hair with his fingers. "If we survive this... I'll never let you go." Eli was about to answer when she felt something grabbing her from behind and turning her on the back.

-Wake up!  A meeting starts in 15 minutes." she opened her eyes watching Leliana towering over her. 

-Ugh, the dream was so good." Eli groaned pushing the woman away from her. "Couldn't you come a little later?" She pushed herself into a sitting position glaring at the read head woman in front of her. The meeting inquisitor, it will start in 15 minutes. I think its more important than your dirty dreams." Leliana grinned walking down the stairs.

-How did you even?.." Eli furrowed her brows.

-Oh Cullen, please... Cullen."

-Shut it." Eli threw a pillow towards her advisor completely missing the target.

-Don't worry I won't tell anyone."

/////////////

/////////////

-It's time to plan our next attack. What's the state of the Inquisition?" Eleanor asked her three advisors, her eyes scanning over the map layed on the war table.  Josephine was the first one to answer as her soft voice caught Eli's attention.

-We're well loved in Orlais. Say the word, and Empress Celene will send her support." She smiled sweetly at the Inquisitor which she returned, however not as sweet as hers. Eleanor was never a sweet nor good person. She did what was best for her family and her friends not because some decisions were good or bad. Thus her smile was nearly always a fake one, she was a good actress. But not at the moment, she adored her advisors and their flaws. And made sure they knew it very well. It's as if she made a promise for herself. Be honest with her advisors.

-And your actions at Adamant denied Corypheus his army of pet demons." Cullen interrupted looking rather proud of her. Admired? "With Orlai's support, our numbers match his. Corypheus's followers must be panicking." Hardly, she thought crossing her arms over her chest. Most of his followers were as crazy as him, panic was the least they could feel. If they could feel anything at all.

-My agents agree. Our victories have shaken his disciples." Leliana added, her face was emotionless, a skill she mastered over the years. Something Eleanor adored about her, she could keep her face neutral at all times no matter she was angry, sad or happy. Fascinating. Eli grinned to herself.

-Hopefully, they will rethink following Corypheus, or perhaps they will only hold on even stronger." Eleanor added. Somehow she was always ready for the worst, no matter what. With a sigh, she raised her eyes up to her advisors. "Where is Corypheus now?" she asked watching the trio.

-After you dealt with the dutchess, Corypheus uprooted his major strongholds, he's moving south to the Arbor Wilds." Cullen immediately answered. His hand on his sword, as always. "His army clearly wasn't prepared to flee. Our victories have them on the defence." he grinned, his brows furrowed.

-Good of Corypheus to make it easy to find him, then." Eli noted, they were making progress but was it enough though. "If he's hiding in the Arbor Wilds then that's where we finish him." 

-But what is Corypheus doing in such a remote area?" Josie asked looking around. Leliana turned towards the ambassador.

-His people have been ransacking elven ruins since Haven. We believe he seeks more. What he hopes to find, however... continues to elude us."

-Which should surprise no one." Eli rolled her eyes at the voice behind her. She thought she made it clear that no one should interrupt her meetings with advisors, especially someone she couldn't bring herself to trust. She didn't turn around only leaned on the table watching over the map. "Fortunately, I can assist." Morrigan stood next to the Inquisitor waiting for her to turn. A loud sigh could be heard in the room as it was big and everyone was quiet.

-The guards outside aren't there for show, Morrigan." Eli murmured turning her very unhappy face towards the woman.  Cullen chuckled.

-I am not here to amuse myself, Inquisitor. Corypheus yearns for something he must not find."

-Which is?" Eli's eyes bored into Morrigan's as if to warn her to remember her place.

-'Tis best... if I show you."

//////////////////////////////////////////