Chapter 28 "Well of Sorrows"

"The end has come and I am not afraid."

Her heart was beating much faster than it was supposed to, her hands shaking as she watched the scene in front of her

Her heart was beating much faster than it was supposed to, her hands shaking as she watched the scene in front of her. There was no going back now, not that she would leave if there was. She was ready, or at least that's what she was telling herself all these days she had before seeing Corypheus again. He was barely a few meters away from her and she wanted more than anything to get some more distance between them. Her fear didn't lessen when she saw him die. She couldn't believe it. It was too sudden, too simple. But nevertheless, she made her way downstairs to take a closer look. 

-This can't be it." She murmured looking at his body disappearing. Gazing towards the entrance to the Temple she saw Samson turning around. If Corypheus is dead, why would he continue on? 

-What in the world?" she heard Morrigan murmur behind her. Turning around she noticed black smoke surround a dead Grey Warden as he started twisting is weird ways. Realising what was happening she grabbed Moriggan's arm pushing her towards the bridge leading to the Temple.

-Run! Now!" she roared. The unbearable scream echoed in the forest, the scream she could only identify as the Archdemon. Closing the doors behind them she felt a little relieved. "This won't hold long." 

//////////////////////////

By the time they reached the well she was already more than exhausted. All the fighting drained her energy faster than she expected, however, she knew this wasnt over yet. It was beautiful, she thought once she saw the well from afar but her eyes were quickly focusing on something far more interesting. Her staff was in her hands once she made her way downstairs, her eyes focused on the back of Templar's figure. She knew every single curve of the person. The dark hair, the stance. The voice.

-Samson, sir, behind you!" one of the Red-Templar's shouted pointing at her. He turned slowly, too slow to her liking. He knew already who it was, there was no rush to it. A smirk was playing on his lips once he fully turned and looked at her. This wasn't the man she remembered. His hair was wet from the sweat, stuck to his forehead. Dark pupils surrounded by red. A chuckle left his lips before he spoke.

-My love, you finally made it. You've hunted us halfway across the Thedas, I knew you will follow us into this hole." his voice made her shiver. It has changed since the last time they met, gotten far worse than she expected. 

-You know I love travelling, the Inquisition takes me to all sorts of weird places." she walked a few steps closer still holding to the staff in her hand. 

-You came too far this time! Corypheus choose me twice, first as his general now as his vessel for the well of sorrows." he looked so proud, so happy. It made her sick to see him like this, pathetic. "You know what's inside the well? Wisdom."

-Ah yes, you always lacked that one, Raleigh. All your life you made poor choices. You think the well will change anything?" his brows furrowed at her question however he shrugged it off stepping a little closer. Her hand shot up once Cassandra drew her blade in response, however, she stood down.