Chapter 13 "To Love the Enemy"

"How do you destroy a monster, without becoming one?"
🌹🌹🌹

-Any news?" inquisitor asked as she leaned on the war table

-Any news?" inquisitor asked as she leaned on the war table. Gazing at the commander. Scenes of their night together flashing over her head.

-You received a letter from your father inquisitor." Josephine answered as she passed a letter written personally for her. She frowned, that was the first ever letter from him after she left Ostwick, usually, it was her mother or siblings who wrote her.

-Well, that's something, must be important if he wrote me personally." She said turning to leave the war room. Before opening the doors she turned again. "ugh right, dismissed for today." she murmured not really concerned about her advisors.

Once in her quarters she opened the letter, strolling over to sit on the couch next to the fireplace, she heard a knocking at the door.  "Come in!"

-Your worship" Inquisitor smiled not looking up from the letter, she already knew who it was.

-Since when are you so formal with me Dorian?" She asked raising an eyebrow to him. He walked to sit next to her.

- I decided to spoil you a little." He answered sarcastically. "Who is your secret admirer?" he asked nodding towards the letter. She signed.

-Apparently, my father missed me, never have I ever received a personal letter from my father. Now hush let me read." She said while looking over the letter. Dorian stood to walk next to her desk picking up the first book he saw. Suddenly she stood up, eyes wide with horror.

-What? What is it?" Dorian asked as he walked back to her. She only passed her letter to him. "Well shit. What are we going to do?" he asked not moving his gaze off the letter.

-I don't know, do not tell the others until I decide." She said taking the letter from him and throwing it into the fire.

-Don't do anything stupid Eli, you should at least tell your advisors.

-No, Dorian do not tell anyone, especially Cullen please I need a minute to think this through, alone." She smiled, although it didn't quite reach her eyes. The moment he left Eleanor stride towards her dresser. Changing from her casual clothes.

It wasn't an easy task to leave the Skyhold unnoticed, especially with a horse, but she made it and was now far away from it, riding through the forest at full speed. It shouldn't be far now from the place Samson told her to meet him, she thought.

-Easy there Mephala, we're here." Eli said pulling her horse to a stop. Once she climbed off, she turned to Mephala stroking her head. "Go now, run back to Skyhold." She turned Mephala around towards the Skyhold and slightly hit her, and so she ran off. Eleanor signed placing her hand on the necklace she wore. –I'm here Samson, all alone just like you asked." She shouted pacing through the forest. She wasn't fast enough to turn around when she heard something behind her, as someone hit her in the head and she fell into slumber.