Transferred

...
Hey Shadowfam it's me, it's been a while since I've updated this but omg we're nearly at 10K reads like what is this 😂. While you're at it can you share some love to my story Rising Embers. I've been working on this book little over a year now and I am hoping to eventually make a trilogy from it. I love Adelaide Kellan and all of my other characters and I hope you'll check them out. Otherwise, please enjoy this book. It was my first ever fanfic and I'm so proud of it, even if I seem illiterate sometimes lmao. Thanks guys ❤️ xx
...
Chapter One

I've probably only been out of Paris a few times in my life. Missions or mandatory visits to Idris, the occasional Clave meeting. But I've never stayed away too long. Now I don't think I'll be heading back there any time soon, not after everything that happened.

So here I am, at the foot of the New York Institute, ready to start over again. I didn't need to focus in on glamours anymore either, I perfected that trick in Paris alongside learning how to fight, defend myself, and of course how to hide. I was told at a very young age that I was glamoured and I never tried to remove the visage that someone had created from my original face, I could say I was scared of what I'd see. I'd spent twenty-three years with the same face and I had no intention of losing that. I hadn't realised I was daydreaming until I felt myself crash to the floor, along with another heavy object.

Correction, not an object. I turned on my side to see what had followed me to the ground when I saw a stupidly condescending grin and beautiful brown eyes staring back at me. I gathered myself rather quickly, standing up with a slight "Apologies." before I picked up my fallen cases and bags and continued on my way, I was unfortunately interrupted.

"Why are you apologising when I ran into you? I mean is that an English thing or something?" I turned around with slight disgust in my eyes, "I'm not English. And even so, I didn't realise being polite was a bad thing." I was slightly annoyed. I wasn't English but during my time in France it was the language I was most fluent in, not that it should've mattered but being wrongly stereotypical was a trait I wasn't shy too, and it agitated me.

"So you're polite and sassy? Not exactly two words I'd associate with people around here, especially not the polite part. Where are you from?"

"Did I completely space during the past ten minutes where we became best friends or are you just being intrusive?" The silence that followed was my cue to leave before I considered the fact that walking into an abandoned church would make me look a lot more suspicious. I was beginning to evaluate the few options I had when I felt a presence behind me. "If you want me to wait with you I'm sure Mr Lightwood will realise we're here sooner or later."

I turned around in shock to look back into his brown eyes, then my gaze found it's way towards the black markings on the guy's arms. He wasn't glamoured, but I never really paid much attention to him before now. It didn't take me long to figure out who he was. "Trey Crossfire."

"Well done. Jordyn Reid."

"So you knew who I was before you 'accidentally' ran into me?" I say with the dramatic air quotes as I did. "So what if I did. You should know in advance who your partner in crime will be."

"We're not partners. I just met you."

"You'll love me eventually, it's inevitable."

Instead of responding, the huge sound of the Institute doors opening reminded me why I was here. The door opened and a fiery redhead made her way down the Institute steps, she seemed nice enough for a first impression.

"Hey, are you the new transfers?" she asked with a sweet smile, no wonder Mr Lightwood sent her to greet us, her happiness is contagious. "No, we just love standing outside abandoned buildings in our free time." Trey responded and I was tempted to scold him for his rudeness, the girl just laughed, "You sound like my boyfriend Jace." I instantly knew who she was, "Clarissa Fairchild? You're boyfriend's Jace Herondale?"