Sweet Revenge

TREY'S POV

Hours I stayed at her side, and I was perfectly content with never leaving ever again. We hadn't moved from her bed that entire time and I liked to believe that I gave her a shred of peace for one moment at least, because when she moves from this spot the reality of her decision lies heavier than ever on her shoulders. She can either leave what happened to her family in the hands of the people she trusts the least, or she can break every Clave law and get her own revenge. And right now, staring at her emotionless face, I honestly don't know what she'll do. I doubt even she does. 

I went to go and get coffee but before I could move more than an inch I felt her arms latch around me. "Stay." 

"Jordyn we have to get up soon, the world won't pause because we want a reprieve." 

"I need just.. one more moment. The world will still be in devastation when we get up so for one moment, just let it burn." I nodded in response and let her rest her head back on my shoulder. We stayed for what felt like forever but eventually I started to overthink everything and let out the one question I don't think either of us wanted to hear the answer to right now. 

"Jordyn what are we?"

I regretted the words as they spilled off my tongue and I hated myself for asking when I saw her face change, the stoic face forming some sort of thought and emotion. "Trey if you ask me that this time tommorrow then I will give you my answer but right now I have to think about literally everything else." And with that she stood up hastily, "Jordyn what happened to let it burn for a moment? You don't need to decide anything this minute just think it through."

She turned to face me before tying up her ink black hair and fixing her leather jacket, "Turns out letting the world burn cost me my first family, I won't let it burn this one to ash. Not when the Clave would just cover it up anyway." And with that she'd left the room, and me, alone to the upcoming issues. I walked out of the room and met Alec in the living room to find Jordyn had already left. "Any luck?" I asked only to see shaken heads, "She left out the front door like her ass was on fire." 

I was, to say the least, concerned for her. I wanted to believe that she knows what she's doing, I want to trust her judgement, but after her breakdown last night I can't help but imagine her doing something stupid. I love her too much to see her hurt.

JORDYN'S POV

I know what I need to do. I'm reckless, impulsive and maybe a little bit crazy but right now, walking along Madison Avenue and watching the simple mundanes pass by me in their normal routines for the day, my mind is clear as day for the first time in a long time. I know what I need to do, I just need to get to Idris first which means getting a message to an old friend. I let my phone ring through until they picked up? 

"Not the day I expected a call from Jordyn Reid, how are you?"

"You don't need to point that out, Tessa Herondale. I'm fine I just-" 

"Need a favour?"

"Not necessarily, I could pay you." 

"Oh please when have you ever paid for anything in your life." I laughed as I heard her join me on the other end of the line, "I need a portal to Idris?" 

"And Magnus can't help this time?" I stayed silent and she sighed, "What are you up to Jordyn?" 

"I'm a Lightwood Tessa, a fact that has been witheld from me and my family for 23 years so I want an audience with the Clave to... clear things up." 

"You want justice? Jordyn I will not allow you to break the law of the Clave they would have my life." 

I remained quiet and weighed my options, I could ask Magnus but Tessa's right, I would never dream of implicating either of them, I could hike through the Brocelind Forest but alone I wouldn't risk it. I need to get there today especially since-